• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New 36inch castable build in Brisbane

Hi Colin,

I found the glass lid on ebay.com.au.
    Store home: Search results for: 'Raco 20cm Glass Lid'

The diameter is 20cm. The central hole was only about 8mm, I used a diamond drill bit to drill it out to fit the thermometer thread.

Tile Drill Bit Qep 10mm Diamond I/N 6820162 | Bunnings Warehouse

I hope it does not crack from the centre out. I went a l little fast and have a small chip. Not sure, it will matter but I would keep the centre hole as clean as possible. If you decide to do this. Use water with it....

Steve.

Comment

I was thinking of obtaining combustion heater glass and driving it been 2 layers Calsil.
      Some how.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Finished the external weather door to keep rain and splashes out.

The last photo is my insulating window door used as a blast door, its moved to the front of the entry and has a couple of inched gap around the sides and top.

Comment

Gudday
          Those doors are looking great
          I don't think that technically that's a blast door. From what I believe a blast door seals the entrance and controls the exit of smoke and entrance of air. Using the door outside the oven entrance still allows the oven to breath the way it naturally does but stops the heat reflecting out. I might be drawing to fine a distinction there, but I don't think so.
          Like the aluminum checker plate . I'm warming to that stuff, it should make a more permanent replacement for my plywood experimental I'm thinking
          Thanks
          Dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
            Gudday
            Those doors are looking great
            I don't think that technically that's a blast door. From what I believe a blast door seals the entrance and controls the exit of smoke and entrance of air. Using the door outside the oven entrance still allows the oven to breath the way it naturally does but stops the heat reflecting out. I might be drawing to fine a distinction there, but I don't think so.
            Like the aluminum checker plate . I'm warming to that stuff, it should make a more permanent replacement for my plywood experimental I'm thinking
            Thanks
            Dave
            Perhaps I should have said sudo blast door. Using a door in this way does have some of the benefits of a purpose built blast door. Its stops any smoke exiting the front when first starting a fire, and does a good job at funnelling air into the base of the fire. You are right though its not 100% a blast door.

I used the checker plate because its easy to work with and light. I used a jigsaw to cut it to shape. The plate purchased was 600 wide, and a perfect width for my entry. And don't look to shabby.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X