Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SE QLD oven

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Gudday Ash



    This might help for some supplies

    regards Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • oasiscdm
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Hebel would be perfect and easy to use. I would use panel rather than blocks. But the blocks would work well layed in stretcher bond of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ash71
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    If you have a look at the photos of my base. On the outside of the base I am considering building an enclosure (wall). Using the forno plans they call for a 5 inch space around the finished dome. What I a was thinkining of doing was still build the enclosure but use it as some of the dome insulation. After I have put the ceramic blanket down of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toomulla
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Bricks fire clay etc Claypave

    Insulation. CWG Contractors

    Chimney kit Bunningss

    Leave a comment:


  • oasiscdm
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Can I ask what you mean by outside enclosure, is this referring t to fog house finish or insulating the dome. If so answer yes or no.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ash71
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Does anyone know who my nearest suppliers for firebrick and CalSil are? Also is Hebel a good enough insulator to use for part of the outside enclosure of an oven?
    Thanks for all the positive feedback. I hadn't done any previous blockwork until I built a retaining wall recently. I have done quite an amount of concrete work but no masonry.

    Leave a comment:


  • oasiscdm
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Go for it yourself... I agree with the comments already made and you will end up sore, tired, sometimes frustrated, but you will keep at it until completed, but that's all the fun then at the end you have the pleasure in saying I built it myself. That's said with pride of accomplishment.

    You don't get that any other way. And you have the support of a whole community encouraging you all the way.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-03-2014, 06:04 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeeppiper
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    I agree with CobblerDave....you already have the necessary skills. Before doing my oven, the only masonry work I ever did was setting a mail box post. The pride and satisfaction you will gain out of tackling the whole project is well worth the risk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ash71
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Hi Dave,
    I'm in Gympie and have had a few funny looks when I've been asking arond for things like CF board and even fire bricks. I have ordered some vermiculite which will go over the base and then build from there.

    Leave a comment:


  • cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: SE QLD oven

    Gudday
    Greetings and welcome!
    Sorry for the lack of replies, its just that time of the year I suppose.
    You done some serious progress there. Here in the SE you will find we have all the materials to enable you to build yourself, you have the base skills already. Yes most of us built the base and gained the skills to build the oven proper.
    Remember , plenty of pics, and take you time and enjoy the journey.
    Regards dave

    Leave a comment:


  • Ash71
    started a topic SE QLD oven

    SE QLD oven

    Have started to build our oven stand. Just waiting for vermiculite to show up before continuing. Don't know if I should buy a kit for the rest or build from scratch.
Working...
X