Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New build in Adelaide - total rookie in need of help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New build in Adelaide - total rookie in need of help!

Back to the stand picture in post #24 from n8huntsman...I'm not so worried about the clearance to the fence as the alignment of the chimney and the apparent wood structure above. Are you going to do a back slant chimney to clear the overhang?

Dodgygrog - Have you talked to your neighbor and made sure they understand they will be on the invitation list for future pizza parties? Letting them be involved during the build might prove to be a really good idea. And as noted earlier, before you continue check the local construction/council codes against your plans.

Even if you need to get a variance/exception, I suspect if you can get someone in authority to put his/her hand on the outside of a completed (& insulated ) WFO in the Adelaide area when fired to pizza temps, they'll quickly realize it's less a hazard than somebody lighting off a barrel of trash
    Last edited by SableSprings; 03-15-2015, 10:31 PM.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quick question before I embark on pouring the insulation layer (delayed again!), I've got 2 x 20kg cement bags, and 2 x 6kg (described elsewhere as 85ltr bags). Will this be enough to fill an area of 0.127m cubed?

Don't want to get into it and then find I have to run to the shops to get more stuff part way through.

Also, the wood structure above will be totally removed. It was shading some ferns etc that were in the corner prior.

Comment

G'day
        170 liters is .17 cubic meters. Adding water and cement decreases the volume by about 20 per cent as it causes the pearlite to pack down.
        So from my arm chair view it sounds like you'll make it
        Regards dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hello guys!
          Another rookie on here but what I might share with u might scare you, either that or make u laugh.... In which case I will be really devastated

However I had a dream... Of building a pizza oven cheaply using what I had, with barely any spending... Fat chance!
          I woke up with an idea of turning a table into the base for a pizza oven.
          So I got hold of one but seemed difficult to imagine... Till I had another brainwave of turning it over and using the bottom as a base. A round table too at that! Abt 1.2 diameter.
          So thus far I have removed legs and laid a base using some spare cement pavers and have cemented over them! $5 something at mitre 10 - 2 bags
          Once that is done my "plan", I think is to build a wall for the insulation layer.... And for that I was considering sea sand and the wine bottles....
          I have gotten hold of abt 100 plus clay pavers and have few at home in red that I can steal from around the house and just made a call to source some of that special mortar mix ppl talk of and is $49 in Kent town! Jus add water - refractory mortar.

I have no base 8/
          It's currently sitting on a steel potting trolley bench that for a few moments I thought I could leave it on. But is not the safest thing to do as it is in no way attached ....
          At the moment I can barely push the trolley and the table top is just the tiniest bit mobile. Hopefully hubby and I can move sooner if I think of a base.... Hubby is not keen on any of my projects and i usually do alone.

Pls help - you guys are so informative. Hope it makes and not breaks my dreams... 😆
          Cheese,
          Ash

Comment

G'day Hsa
            Sorry your post has been lost for a few day, anyway welcome!
            My suggestion is that you start yourself a build thread. One of your own.
            You realize of course you come from a line of oven builders from South Australia who build some pretty special ovens. And that's pretty special cause they use what they have.
            Of course we are only simple folk and really love pics cause a pic says a thousand words.
            Regards dave
            Measure twice
            Cut once
            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
            My Door
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Tx dave, will do
              Cheese,
              Ash

Comment

hi there, just my 2 cents but have you considered a kit oven from Bunnings? I build one from them myself on a 10 cm concrete slab with a steel frame and was a lot easier then to try and build one from scratch. I had to leave the thing when we sold the place as it weight about 600 kg all up but is a great oven, had many parties at home using it.
                I took it one step further now and had a trailer build with a huge commercial wood oven from the same manufacturers that supply bunnings with their ovens. awesome big oven, really pleased with it. even the little family oven works a treat! heats up very hot in less then an hour, can really recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                X