Breaking ground !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking ground !

Hello started planing on building a oven a few years ago but haven't got there yet . Yesterday there were contractors in my front yard with a excavator flicked them sum cAsh now I have a nice flat spot to begin the build guess I better learn how to lay bricks mix concrete and make a pizza oven , the wife is impressed with the big hole and pile of dirt in the middle of the yard

Congratulations it feels good to get started. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and post a lot of pictures. We are all here to help.

Randy

Comment

Water wicking up from the foundation slab and into the stand can be a problem, so it is a good idea to finish the foundation slab slightly higher than ground level to discourage water pooling around the base.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
        Water wicking up from the foundation slab and into the stand can be a problem, so it is a good idea to finish the foundation slab slightly higher than ground level to discourage water pooling around the base.
        Very good advice. I would add in a suggestion of incorporating a vapor barrier under the slab, also. Hopefully, you plan on some clean gravel under the slab as well.
        My Build:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Looks like that's street frontage behind where you are building it. Is that your front garden?

Comment

Originally posted by Wozza View Post
            Looks like that's street frontage behind where you are building it. Is that your front garden?
            hehe that would make for brilliant street parties

Comment

Yep putting it up in the front yard ,the back yard has big dogs that would like pizza a little to much , there will be a fence up before I start cooking to keep the neighbours out !! Cheers for the info on ground levels +water issues very helpful . Driving down the road today sign said free stuff nice bit of a marble with hole for a sink just what I needed and the right price
              Last edited by BBQBOY; 08-06-2015, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQBOY View Post
                Yep putting it up in the front yard...
                Have you checked with any local regs that might cause you problems? There's a limit to what I can do to the front of my property. Not that I have the room to build one out the front of my place, but if I did, I'm pretty certain that I'd need permission. And I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't get it. Apologies if you've already checked, but I'd hate to see you having to tear it down because it wasn't approved.

Nice piece of marble, by the way. I think I would have taken that and then worked out what I could use it for later.

Comment

Called the council they were as helpful as a fart in a space suit , need to contact a building certifer and see if they know any information on this kind of project cheers for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by BBQBOY View Post
                    Driving down the road today sign said free stuff nice bit of a marble with hole for a sink just what I needed and the right price
                    An excellent find - I've been watching GTree for something similar
                    Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

Comment

Been a few months but it finally happened fence is up slab is down now to lay some bricks

Comment

Great to see you get started. Your summer I hear has been really hot. So a good cold brew must be a priority........where you going to use the marble, landing, keystone, side table?
                          Russell
                          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

A few brews were consumed after that day's work it was bloody hot . In regards to the marble it will be used to the side with a sink attached for prep ect ect

Comment

G'day
                              Sounds like the whole outdoor kitchen is on the cards?
                              What are you plans to date.
                              Just up the track at Manly West, it's good to see a Brisbane build again.
                              Regards dave
                              Measure twice
                              Cut once
                              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                              My Door
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
                              X