No announcement yet.

New build in Sunny Canberra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 100% acrylic render will do, but be careful because some products (a Dunlop one for Eg) are labelled acrylic render, but are really an acrylic modified cement render, supplied dry in a bag. You need a 100% acrylic product that comes wet in a bucket. I use flexible pointing which is extremely flexible. I find thinning it with water 20% makes a mix you can paint on. It will cover and bridge any small cracks leaving a durable waterproof finish.Keep some to fill any cracks that may develop in a couple of years time.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      Any 100% acrylic render will do, but be careful because some products (a Dunlop one for Eg) are labelled acrylic render, but are really an acrylic modified cement render, supplied dry in a bag. You need a 100% acrylic product that comes wet in a bucket. I use flexible pointing which is extremely flexible. I find thinning it with water 20% makes a mix you can paint on. It will cover and bridge any small cracks leaving a durable waterproof finish.Keep some to fill any cracks that may develop in a couple of years time.
      So something like this?

Find Dunlop 10L Tile Pointing Sand at Bunnings Warehouse. Visit your local store for the widest range of paint & decorating products.
      Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

Yes, that one will do fine.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          Yes, that one will do fine.
          Thanks david s
          Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

Been firing the oven to quite a few "Ooo, that looks dangerous" temperatures and all is fine. Not a mark or crack in the render, I am pretty happy with the threaded brass cap I installed in the outer shell after a few bad storms. The Pot Belly Stove black paint on the flue gallery is working a treat and hides the initial soot really well and cleans up a treat.

I noticed a question earlier on about trying to finish render directly over blanket that must be really difficult. My outer-shell was a mix of VERMICULITE and PERLITE as 10:1 with cement , and finished with a fine sand render. Then 3 months later I cracked it with an "aggressive" fire after being wet and me being impatient. The Betta-Grip was just Bunnings, although that Pointing material looks better and cheaper.

Comment

This weekend is Pizza on Saturday, WFO Bread on Sunday with Soup (or something that goes with bread), and Monday is a 12 hour Brisket (thats being Smoked in a Bullet Smoker, as I found the WFO a little too hard to control).

Comment

i attempted several techniques to smoke in the WFO. Each fell below my expectations. However, I do find my oven very useful for brisket. For a 10 to 12 hour cook, I smoke in a charcoal/wood smoker for about 3 to 4 hours and then place the brisket (covered or wrapped) in the oven for the remainder of the cook. That requires timing the oven for around 250 F. Mine will drop to 225 F or a little lower by the end of a long cook.
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thats a great idea. Not sure of the timings, but work out well.

Comment

Working...
                  X