Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naperville, IL code. Foundation question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tman1
    replied
    Re: Naperville, IL code. Foundation question.

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    So the local councils are the same there huh?
    Yes, and included with that is checking your brain at the door once your voted in!

Interestingly, here in MN, the land of 10,000 rules, you don't need a permit to pour a slab... of any size! Now, if you get carried away with that statement it may cause you problems. Being a shed builder, I know you can build a shed, usually up to 120 sq ft (sometimes 100 sq ft) without any permits, but you're supposed to stay within setbacks.

I concur that a call or visit to your city hall is the only place you should count on for an answer that truly applies to you.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
    Good idea, but stay anonymous if you can.
    So the local councils are the same there huh?

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied

Originally posted by Neil2 View Post
    No experience with Naperville City.

Why not pay a visit to your local municipal building department ? Show them what you are planning and ask for advice. In my experience these people are genuinely interested and helpful when homeowners ask for advice.
    Good idea, but stay anonymous if you can.

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

No experience with Naperville City.

Why not pay a visit to your local municipal building department ? Show them what you are planning and ask for advice. In my experience these people are genuinely interested and helpful when homeowners ask for advice.

Leave a comment:

• Alec&Elena
    started a topic Naperville, IL code. Foundation question.

Naperville, IL code. Foundation question.

Hi everyone,

I am planning to start digging foundation as soon as the ground here becomes unfrozen.
    Has anyone here had any experience with the Naperville City code regarding foundation for a 36" brick oven? I plan 60X60 slab sitting on D12X42" concrete plugs, with rebar anchored to the plugs.

Many thanks,
    Alec
Working...
X