New user from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user from Florida

Anybody in the Central Florida area that has already built. I've got my base and insulating layer poured. I'm in the process of burning out a bunch of cutoff blades. I need to see if I can find an 6-8" blade so I don't have to cut 2 sides and have a real rough center.

Re: New user from Florida

Range bob--I'm hoping to start one this fall in Dunedin, FL. How did you make out with permitting, our bldg dept is pretty hard nosed.

Cutoff blades, I've had good luck cutting masonry and tile with a segmented diamond blade for a skil saw. They hold up well and are pretty cheap. You can even drizzle water on the cut to keep down the dust. Not sure how they'll work on firebrick.

Keep on posting!

JurisP

Comment

Originally posted by rangebob View Post
      I need to see if I can find an 6-8" blade so I don't have to cut 2 sides and have a real rough center.
      I am not sure what you are using for a saw, but a diamond blade will pay for itself several times over vrs. cut off blades.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I bought a wet saw on craigslist for $250, used it a lot, and sold it for $250 when I was done. Was a good saw and saved a lot of time and effort.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
        X