Hi From Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Alabama

I know there are several folks here from Alabama - can't let the Texas folks have the only thread! :wink:
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Hi From Alabama

Just getting started from North AL

Comment

I'm in Alabama!!!

Comment

<waves> Welcome aboard!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Busy in Fairhope!

Comment

Soon, I will be moving back home to south Alabama. Hope to start on a WFO with-in one year. Any advice or resources are appreciated otherwise I enjoy your solidarity.

Comment

Hello from Fairhope. My Wife and I are just starting to plan for an outdoor kitchen/living space and are going to include a brick pizza oven.

If there is anyone within in Baldwin or Mobile counties that would like some free labor with building their brick oven, send me a PM. I would love to get some first hand knowledge / experience before I start building my own!

Comment

I am finishing up a 42" build between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa. If there is anyone in the area planning on building a 42" oven, I will donate my masonite floor template, IT, inner arch form, entrance arch form, and brick clips. So whoever wants to come by and pick them up can have them all.

This could save someone A LOT of time!
                Last edited by edsiajb; 12-04-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edsiajb View Post
                  I am finishing up a 42" build between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa. If there is anyone in the area planning on building a 42" oven, I will donate my masonite floor template, IT, inner arch form, entrance arch form, and brick clips. So whoever wants to come by and pick them up can have them all.

This could save someone A LOT of time!
                  Well, this offer has now been accepted. Glad to know the templates, brick clips and IT will live on for another build!

Comment

Would the receiver of template, still possess ? I live on the river, also.

Comment

I'm a recent Huntsville, AL transplant and am preparing for oven build. Specifically interested in
                      The Indispensable Tool. Is this a purchasable product? If not, anyone have any plans to build one?

Comment

Have you downloaded the free WFO plans from Forno Bravo, if not do so and study them. It is a good baseline for design and construction of an oven. As far as an IT, there are welded and not welded version throughout the blog. Wood or steel and can be fabricated from parts found at any hardware store. There are some critical design factors so before you build post your design on the blog for review and comment..
                        Russell
                        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by Yhammer View Post
                          Would the receiver of template, still possess ? I live on the river, also.
                          I'm fairly sure I have the floor template with indispensable tool along with the entrance arch forms. I can double check storage area to be sure - but will need to check tonight after the temps drop.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                            Have you downloaded the free WFO plans from Forno Bravo, if not do so and study them. It is a good baseline for design and construction of an oven. As far as an IT, there are welded and not welded version throughout the blog. Wood or steel and can be fabricated from parts found at any hardware store. There are some critical design factors so before you build post your design on the blog for review and comment..
                            I read through the WFO for the first time this passed weekend. Very helpful and makes it not quite as daunting as a previously thought. Also, thanks for the links to your pictures. Beautifully done. Love the copper. I did find the plans for an IT but it requires welding. I've not found a non-welded IT in the forum yet. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by edsiajb View Post

I'm fairly sure I have the floor template with indispensable tool along with the entrance arch forms. I can double check storage area to be sure - but will need to check tonight after the temps drop.
                              I'm south of Huntsville, AL and don't plan on starting my project until March '21. I'd love to get in line for any parts, plans, tools, etc and will pass them on when I am done as well. My goal is to start in March and be done by July 4th, 2021, mostly having only weekends to do the work. The oven is also part of a larger patio project as well which will start around Christmas '20. Anyway, if there's stuff or advice available I'll take it and pass it on!! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X