X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chef
    replied
    Re: Homemade Rosemary Crackers

We tried this tonight, altered it a bit 50/50 whole wheat, three batches, one with parmeasan cheese, one with kosher salt, one with garlic salt. Simple and delightful!

THANKS!

Malinda

Leave a comment:

• krosskraft
    replied
    Re: Homemade Rosemary Crackers

Thanks, I will give them a try.

Leave a comment:

• Modthyrth
    started a topic Homemade Rosemary Crackers

Homemade Rosemary Crackers

I found this recipe over on Chowhound a few months ago, and haven't bought crackers since. The recipe is so simple, so completely delicious. The crackers are easy to make days ahead of time, and would be a fabulous appetizer to set out while people are waiting for pizzas.

Rosemary Crackers
    from krissywats on chowhound.com's Home Cooking board

2 Cups flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2/3 Cup warm water
    1/3 cup olive oil

Preheat to 400. Lightly grease two large cookie sheets (I use spray). Combine flour, baking powder and salt (I use a little extra of kosher or sea salt). Stir in water, oil and mix until a smooth dough forms. Halve dough and flatten to edges on each cookie sheet (this is the only part that takes a little time - a small rolling pin would be great but I use my fingers and love the uneven texture of them). Cut them on the sheet before baking (I use a pizza cutter).

If you want you can do an egg wash of one egg white and 2T water brush the tops and sprinkle on sesame seeds.

I typically throw in a bunch of chopped rosemary and occasionally a sprinkle of garlic powder or two. You could really do anything you wanted with these: onion powder, cayenne, other herbs and spices.

They are a simple cracker but seriously addictive and always a big hit. Once I topped with goat cheese and honey and served as an appetizer.
Working...
X