Caramel Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caramel Corn

This is a short post just to give you a look at what else you can do with your WFO.

Here is the recipe http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...el-corn-recipe

I have done this in my oven with a temperature from 230 -280 F and it worked great. The picture is this recipe doubled ...trust me it won't last long.

I stuck to the recipe for the most part but did add salt to the popped corn and added the peanuts (a must for me).

One thing to add. After you pop your corn shake your bowl and get all the clinkers to drop to the bottom then transfer to another bowl and leave the clinkers behind. I recommend you still use caution when chewing in case a clinker get's through.

Just to let you know how good this is I did fire my oven just for the Caramel Corn...no bread...no pizza...just the corn.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Faith In Virginia; 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM. Reason: fixed the link

Re: Caramel Corn

I really want to try this....but...the link does'nt work...Looks good!
    " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Thanks thickstrings...just fixed the link.

Comment

Its all good! I think I'll try mixed nuts.. I am now wondering if there is a way to pop the corn in the oven...hmmm...Thanks!
        " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

They make popcorn baskets for over camp fires. That would work just fine... but the problem would be to get the oven temp down for the caramel part. Mixed nuts would be very good. I'll do that on the next batch.

Comment

Ok the oven was 220 this morning and I just had to make some.

Yummmm....
            Chip

Comment

Good stuff aint it? Just finished the last batch now I'm out!!! This just won't do. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                Good stuff aint it? Just finished the last batch now I'm out!!! This just won't do. :-)
                Sitting in the back yard enjoying the beautiful weather here having a glass of wine, stuffed mushrooms, grapes and Carmel corn.

Not necessarily in that order.

You are welcome to some of mine....
                Chip

Comment

Ive got to stop coming here, I read the forum after work and Im famished, now Im drooling..... my belly is even growling.......
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                  X