X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tscarborough
    replied
    Re: Pizza Time!

By far the best pizza I have made to date. I made 4 12"ers, and gave 2 to neighbors, so I made them samplers, 1/2 Margarita, 1/2 Italian sausage. The cheese was NOT Oxaca, it was Queso Fresco, fresh semi-soft cheese made with low fat milk and it was excellent. Pics to follow.

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

Yeah, we had about five inches this past week. My oven is wet. It IS cool enough to use the oven but...that is so unusual around here that I rarely try it. I am going to modify my oven this fall to keep it dry(er). Will put a roof over it!

Good luck tonight. Bake On!
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Shoot, it has been raining for 3 days, it is only about 80 degrees, practically freezing. I did put a tarp up for the rain, but the last step of my oven is the pergola so about 5PM it is full sun if there were any.

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

You are tougher than I am TS - or else your oven is shaded by the house. I consider my oven down until fall!

Sounds good! Do you need more guests?

Jay

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    started a topic Pizza Time!

Pizza Time!

The dough balls are resting comfortably in their tupperware in the fridge, the sauce is simmering down nicely, and there is a Fire in the Hole!

In another hour and a half, I will be cooking pizza.

The menu tonight is a marinara type sauce on my standard 4-1 AP to Seminola dough, with Oxaca cheese, both buffalo and bacon-onion Italian sausage, plus fresh plum tomatos, fresh basil, and probably a black olive-onion-pepperoni for the kids.

The dough for tomorrow's bread is also in the 'fridge, I made an onion-garlic and a Italian spiced dough, both of which rose nicely before hitting the cold.

Time for a glass of wine.
Working...
X