Starting the fire help and brush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting the fire help and brush?

"Try putting the next firings wood in the oven when you have finished cooking "

.. and after the fire is out and the oven has cooled to 400 F or lower.

Comment

Actually a good idea to just reload the oven for the next lighting the day after pizza. Today is Wednesday, I did a roast chicken on Sunday, and it's still hot to the touch inside my oven. The next firing is definitely dried out.

Comment

Someone on a previous thread suggested used and dried teabags with the strings removed, placed in a jar of methylated spirits.
        USA translation: methylated spirits = denatured alcohol.
        I'm wondering where you'd find all those used teabags
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Cedar fence boards from the home improvement store. Cut them into 14-inch lengths and them split them into small kindling-size pieces. Easy to light and generates plenty of heat.

Comment

I'm new to this and still at the curing stage but i have stuck in a door at the very front with a hole at the bottom and i found that it creates a great draft and the fire starts very easily. The auld hairdryer to this hole really gets things going.

Comment

Originally posted by dublintom View Post
              I'm new to this and still at the curing stage but i have stuck in a door at the very front with a hole at the bottom and i found that it creates a great draft and the fire starts very easily. The auld hairdryer to this hole really gets things going.
              The vented door makes my oven burn like a furnace.

Comment

Working...
              X