Pizza peel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza peel

Asking about the high end pizza peel with the perferrated holes, is it necassary ?

Re: Pizza peel

Is it necessary? No. Are the perforated holes helpful? I think so. Excess bench flour can burn and be bitter. The perforated holes will shake some of that flour off. If you're really careful with how much flour you use and work quickly, you shouldn't have any excess bench flour, but the holes are a good insurance policy.

Comment

I have this one:
      The Ultimate Pizza Peel 14.6" :: Pizza Peels & Oven Tools :: Forno Bravo Store
      I absolutely LOVE it.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I love mine, with the perforations. For the turning peel, I bought one with the perforations, too, and it ended up being too short for my oven. The second one had no perforations, and I wish it did...

Comment

Does anyone know the thickness of the steel on their peel? I am ready to make my own - self sufficient you know. 0.125 is way too heavy for stainless!

Thanks

CW
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

CW, I made mine from 16 ga. aluminum. It comes in around .05 in. Steel for the same gauge is around .06 in.; don't know why. (I use wood to get the pizza into the oven an the metal to move / remove it for what it's worth).
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

In a land where we use sensible measurement .05 in is 1.2mm I used to make stainless steel peels from 0.9 mm 304 stainless steel, but now go a bit thicker to 1.2mm as the thinner ones were a bit floppy.the down side is that every time you put the peel into the oven it heats up fast which in turn is taking heat out of the oven.

The thermal conductivity of aluminium is way higher than that of stainless steel so in this regard the stainless is superior. i also don't like the way aluminium abrades so easily.
              Last edited by david s; 04-13-2012, 10:33 PM.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

It's not necessary but I opt for it cause it makes the process easier
                checkers free

Comment

Would aluminium be the better material... meaning wouldn't the dough stick to stainless more?
                  Cheers
                  Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Looking at a supplier in Italy, they seem to have both aluminium and steel:
                    http://www.ziopepe.net/documents/Cat..._Pepe_2011.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X