This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood-Fired Cooking e-Book Now Available

This was a fun project and a lot of work. I appreciate all the recipes, tips, photos and help the everyone provides, and particularly want to thanks CJ and XJ for their input and help editing. As always, CJ really knocked himself out, and I appreciate that very much.

The e-Book is 101 pages, covers wood-fired cooking techniques and oven management, and it offers a wide range of recipes. There are also many excellent photos and graphics.

Remember, we decided to create a separte e-Book on Wood-Fired Pizza, so stand by for that.

You can order the e-Book as a free download here:

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Inst...p-1-c-260.html

I look forward to hearing your comments.
    James
    Last edited by james; 06-25-2007, 07:56 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Wood-Fired Cooking e-Book Now Available

Hi James - if this is as good as the bread e-book then I'm sure it is great!
    I Have just ordered it on line and received the 'invoice' for $0.00 by email ....what next? will I receive the pdf also by e-mail now or should I be able to download from the FB site?

Boccu

Comment

just as an update ..... I have now received a link to the pdf by e-mail and am downloading it as I write. Look forward to going through it. Thanks to all contributors and editors for this!
      cheers!
      Boccu

Comment

Thanks Boccu,

I am trying to program the e-Store software to send the download instructions immediately, but it is taking a little longer than I thought. The software is confused because we are not charging for the digital item. I'll let everyone know when I get it worked out. For now, it can take a few hours for the download instructions to arrive.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Jim Wills Bread Book is AMAZING!

(M) Thank you sooooooooo much, Jim Wills, and James B. for your extraordinary gift to us in the Forno Bravo community for your priceless (FREE for us Forum members) articulate, comprehensive, well illustrated, E book on Bread Baking in a masonry oven. I have no doubt that if I were to follow Jim's E book instructions, and lived in Toronto, that after a lifetime of experience I'd pose serious competition for Mary G's Artisan Breads.

(M) If any of the Forno Bravo Forum members have any interest in not only baking pizza, but countless different styles of bread, this Ebook is the quintessential contribution to your library; plus you don't have to worry about getting the pages greasy!

================================================== ==

(M) I feel as though I'm shop lifting by requesting, also, a copy of the more recent general E book (also free) on wood fired cooking but I'd be crazy not to avail myself of it.

Chow,

Marcel
          "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
          but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Thanks for that Marcel. (And way to go Jim). Very appreciated.

I have modified the FB Store so that is immediately sends out the download instruction email. Now I have to cut back on all the confirmation emails. Who would have thought I would end up learning a little PHP to publish a wood-fired cookbook.
            James
            Last edited by james; 06-25-2007, 07:57 AM.
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Ciao James,

just downloaded the three titles and must say your system is very well set up! I had a confirmation e-mail almost instantly, followed by the download keys links within minutes - well done! (Haven't had a chance to peruse the e-books yet, must dash outside to my forno project...)

One thing that threw me initially was that I had to re-register and there were two options: Non-member and FB Customer. So I reregistered as a non-member and provided the same user name and password as before, and filled in all the personal information (again? I don't remember if I did this when registering with the Forum). IF the FB Forum user registers and puts in all the relevant info, perhaps the two DBs (forum and store rego) could be arranged so that the one pre-fills the fields in the other as an OPTION if the user/customer wants the info to be re-used? Just a thought - I know that you've got enough on your peel as it is, learning PHP and all that :-)

(The last language I tried to learn was Forth, after I abandoned Pascal...)

Ci vediamo!
              "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

The wood-fired cooking ebook is marvelous. Now i have to wait for the new e-Book on Wood-Fired Pizza until my oven is curing ;-)

Comment

Um, I haven' received an email yet and it's been over 30 min (probably closer to an hour). I've noticed that I don't get notifications anymore either. Notifications are enabled in my Options and I checked my spam box and it's not there.

:shrug:

Edit: nevermind - everything just suddenly showed up when I cleared out my spam box - and no, it really wasn't in there.

Weird....
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

Having trouble getting the free book off the site as I am living in NZ and it requires a US or Can address. Can you please help

Cheers
                    Kris

Comment

I get web page not found
                      Where can I find logs? I need more!
                      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

how to buy this book online

Comment

Working...
                        X