Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Food

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
    How's your heat retention 12 hours later?
    I just went out to check. It's still warm in there, but not hot. I still have no door and only one layer of blanket on top. I ordered another roll yesterday and it was on the porch today. When I get that on there, I'm sure it will be better.

dusty

Comment

Dusty,
      I've come to the opinion, as others have suggested, that every oven is a bit different. The important thing is to learn how your oven behaves and work within those peramiters.
      So far, yours sounds like it performs like mine did shortly after curing. A few more firings and a little more insulation may make a big difference.
      George
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

OK.... spent today making 22 pizza dough balls and, of cource, 8 pita balls. Looking like bad, stormy weather here in Sac. but we're going to try to slip the WPP in before the predicted big, wind powered storm hits. It's gunna be close.
        Acoma?

dusty

Comment

I've got my hopes up for you Dusy. You can always cook in the rain and eat inside. I'm with you in spirit. If all else fails, beer!
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

First round looked great...good luck with the second.

Yeah, cooking in the rain is not as much fun but it can be done. I've got a pic doing paella with my Dad in the rain by a lake in Sioux Narrows. Rigged up a plywood cover and sat in lawn chairs by the flames.

Definately need some spirits though It works much better that way.
            sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
            X