• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cutting pizza: wheel or knife

Scimitar - use some flair!

Comment

This is my baby:
      Atlanta Fixture, Restaurant Equipment And Supplies, Cutlery, Kitchen Knives, Pizza Knife
      The trick is to buy a box of pizza rounds and cut the pizza on it.

Comment

Went out in theshed and put my hand on a left over stool slat that was exactly the right size and machined, radiused to boot. Drag it into the workshop, put a new 1mm steel cutting disc in the angle grinder and ground/burnt a thin groove 15mm deep into the edge.
        Had a little extra sharpening, it won't shave the hairs on my arm but I have 2 small cuts in my hand to teach me to be a little more careful.
        Now all I have to do is to glue it, rather than rivet it (make it a bit more permanent) into the handle.
        One rocking cutter for free in less than an hour.
        Now to try out out next Sunday (Mothers day get together) and see if prototype 2 is needed.

Neill
        Last edited by nissanneill; 05-03-2008, 10:17 PM.
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

"prevention is better than cure"

...I've cut myself with all sorts of things...knives, glass, chainsaw
          maybe I should stay away from that bad boy!
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

I am a big fan of my 16" Lamsonsharp two handle pizza knife from Amazon via Chef Tools shown here on Amazon ($45.00. Amazon.com: LamsonSharp Pro 32871 16" Pizza Knife, two-handle, black handle: Home & Garden

I bought it because I didn't like how my pizza wheel moved the toppings around. I cut my pizzas on one of those flexible cutting boards and slide it onto a wire rack set in a half sheet pan with parchment paper under the rack (for easier clean up) to serve. The pizza joint in my old home town used to serve pizzas like this, but on round wire racks set in round pizza pans and I always liked how crisp the crust stayed from the first piece to the last.
            Ron

Comment

Nice idea !
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Got this little baby for a birthday present from one of my sons a few years ago.

Its about 14" across or so and does a fantastic job. The "knobby" shaped handles allow you to do the "rocking / cutting" really well.

Comment

Wow a blast from the past - welcome back KiwiPete!

Comment

Cheers,

thanks for that "jengineer".. Not that I have ever really been away. I check into this forum at least 2 or 3 times per week. Just don't post that often. I now focus more on the cooking and ingredient sections of this forum, rather than the building sections.

About the "blast from the past" thing: I do feel real "old" in terms of this forum. At the bottom of the forum page is a listing of the currently active users. When I for example "hover" my mouse over my own user name it says: "http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/159-kiwipete/" which implies that when I first registered for this forum I was the 159th registration. Currently the registration count is up over 4000, so yeah, I'm really old.

James, of course, is the ultimate old fart ( ) because he is user number 1..

Comment

18" with a palm handle

Comment

Working...
                      X