X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texman
    replied
    Re: Oven tool storage

this is my version. it is a tool holder for from lowes i think. cheap and works good on an enclosed oven.

Texman

Leave a comment:

• KDAB
    replied

attached should be a PIC of my storage..... and old golf cart + used bag.... bought at a 2nd hand sporting goods store

also, last night was "First Night" for pizza... Daytona Beach FL

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Pat - blew the dust off of this thread. I probably posted this years ago but my gun rack works great, inexpensive to build, and it's all at the big box stores. Post # 216

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/8/le...d-4207-10.html

Leave a comment:

• Pat R
    replied

I just showed off my oven to a friend and his friend who is ordering one tonight! Seeing as it's about 12 degrees out with winds blowing like crazy, it was fun. We do use the oven weekly. Which brings me to this topic. How embarrassing to have my tools standing in a KMart white wire laundry rack. May will be two years so it's time to upgrade. Duh. Wind is a factor up here and the flat tools pick it right up. Hoping that a really heavy pot will do the trick. The good thing is we work in glass and my friend is a very skilled mosaic artist. I see a future starting now. Why I didn't find this before...or design a rack when the oven was designed???? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

[QUOTE=Frances;44791] if you think about it, bathroom walls are really just a type of really really boring mosaic...

QUOTE]

Hey, I actually never thought of that. Can you imagine what Frances's bathroom must look like?

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Sure you could, great idea!

You stick the bits down with construction glue or that mortar you use for tiling bathrooms with. Anything you'd use for tiling a bathroom will be fine - if you think about it, bathroom walls are really just a type of really really boring mosaic...

A mosaic layer will actually make the pot stronger, too. A win-win situation if I ever saw one.

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Hey, Frances, I saw an old umbrella urn yesterday in the local junk shop. It's ceramic, and the ugliest possible color yellow- (hence it's current place of residence, I expect). Could I mosaic it? What do you stick the pieces down with?

It would make a perfect pizza peel holder. If it weren't really ugly.

Leave a comment:

• amber
    replied

Elizabeth - excellent suggestion! James is the person to email - in the posting guidelines section, he has a thread with the membership levels where he talks about it. Hope you love it as much as everyone else does!

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

ok. I qualified some time ago for a pizza cutter, but I didn't know where to email for it. Forno bravo.com? Under the "contact us" menu?

Amber, if you really want to qualify more quickly, you can always follow the Dave motto- "top ten reasons.....", posted one at a time.

Leave a comment:

• amber
    replied

That's never been my problem. For instance, I'm building a brick pizza oven, that should clearly illustrate that my priorites edge towards the finer consumables in life.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Originally posted by amber View Post
    Frances, you're assuming that I need as many posts as you have! All I want is the pizza cutter!
    Well, you've got your priorities right anyway... the pizza cutter really is cool!

Leave a comment:

• amber
    replied

Mike and Chris, you have now fulfilled your obligation to stump for the pizza cutter on the forum!

Leave a comment:

• mannextdoor
    replied

I have been so busy working on the oven that I didn’t post as much as I thought I would. I was hoping to have my cutter in time to cut my first pizza. I have two more firings and I am going to call my oven cured. I will have to leave the oven alone this winter and post, post, post, or continue to use the kitchen scissors.

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

It works for everything. I use it to cut the kids waffles.

Leave a comment:

• christo
    replied

It's a great Pizza cutter, too!

We use ours all the time!!!

Christo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X