compressed air sanity check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compressed air sanity check

So, when i first started using my oven, i still had all my tools and supplies nearby. I happened to have a compressed air wand that I use for clearing the patio of brick dust, and found it does a great job at sweeping the ash out of the way. Using very low pressure compressed air first, means i only need one damp rag to prep for pizza, instead of 3-4 without it. A jet of air also gets my initial kindling lit fast, with less smoke than otherwise.

I'm thinking about adding a air outlet right by the oven for regular use. I'd add a seperate regulator, because when I accidentally squeeze the trigger too far, 110psi air really kicks up a lot of ash.

Is there a downside I'm missing?

Is there a downside I'm missing?
    I would just caution folks on a blast of air in to a hot oven. Hot ash, coals, heated air or flame in one's face could have serious consequences

Until now, I have only shown my bellows that I use from time to time. You can't over do it with a hand operated bellows. Just be careful and find some way to make sure that you don't ever blast a hot oven. A gate valve or regulator that limits the amount of air which can pass would be great!

That said, The old air chuck in the pic will not seal off completely. It is leaking just the right amount of air for the distance it is from the opening. I agree with all your findings. Just be careful out there
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Even simpler is to get a length of pipe and use it as a blowpipe. Just make sure you blow, don't suck.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
        Even simpler is to get a length of pipe and use it as a blowpipe. Just make sure you blow, don't suck.
        +1 for a blow pipe. I can confirm that you only suck once. LOL
        My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
        My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Haha. “It’s mega maid sir, she’s gone from sick, to blow”!

totally agree. A bellows or blow pipe would be quicker, and do the same job. I’ve actually been using a blow pipe since my kid ran over the air line with the lawn mower.

I have a 80gal air compressor in my garage, about 8’ from my oven. Adding a outlet will only take a few hours, and I can use the air to clean my patio and gutters, so I’ll probably go that way.

Comment

Several years ago I came down with a medical condition that left me needing all the air that I could get. I couldn't spare any for a blow pipe. Nowadays, I'm in better health, but I'm lazy .
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

G’day
              Simple really. Just get you pizza paddle and slap it on the hearth, the dust gets in the super hot air and goes out the chimney. What, not clean enough just give it another go. You’ll soon run
              out of dust.
              regards Dave

Measure twice
              Cut once
              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
              My Door
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
              X