Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCChris
    replied
    Re: Scheduling your time for bread baking.

I'd likely add 2-3 feeds of the starter more than what you show and I'd prefer 3 feeds at half day intervals, in hot weather you might have to go 3 feeds a day depending on your starter and the temp of the environment. The key is making sure that the starter is well fed and growing fast.. Temperature is everything here, 75-80F is ideal for the sourdough starter, levain and the proofing of the loaves. On the Day 2 you show 7 hours between the levain build and its incorporation into the dough. This might be fine as long as your levain is running strong and this depends on the starter running strong..
    texassourdough is a great resource here.

Day 3, the prep of the oven part, I'd recommend pre heating the oven the day before. WJW has some great insights here. If you choose to pre heat think Pizza the night before..

There are so many variables to sourdough timeline but my biggest recommendation is to try. Start small and note everything that you can about the bake from the starter build temps to the end.. And Post your photos if possible.. Jay, texassourdough, and faith in Virginia and Bill WJW are all great resources and are very happy to help!!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• dimitrisbizakis
    started a topic Scheduling your time for bread baking.

Scheduling your time for bread baking.

Hi guys, what do you think about my bread baking programm?

I took all the time i need for making the dough and incoporate it to the time i need to fire my oven and bring it to baking position.

I only did this i theory so i hope some of you guys help me so i check it out if i forgot something!

Here we go...

Day 1
    22:00 Remove the Sourdough starter from the fridge and feeding it one time.

Day 2
    15:00 Fedding the Sourdough starter once more to make it more active.
    20:30 Mixing Flour with water and let to Autolyse.
    21:00 Put the Sourdough starter on the dough,after they've mixed well remove some to keep for the next time, after than I put the salt.

Day 3
    08:00 Starting the Fire
    09:00 Making Loafs
    10:00 Spreading the coals, close the door to saturete the oven.
    11:00 Remove coals, mop the floor, score the loafs and bake!
    11:50 Remove the bread.
    12:10 The bread is now gone...

I know there is alot of time needed put Scheduling make's it happend!
    p.s. sorry for my English...
Working...
X