No announcement yet.

Scheduling your time for bread baking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scheduling your time for bread baking.

It takes about three days to come down from 500F to 320. It's still above ambient after a week.

I've got about 12cm of blanket on the dome, but my dome is on top of 7.5cm of cal-sil board and 7.5cm of cellular glass (Foamglas). I suspect you're putting a fair amount of energy into heating up the portland cement in your perlcrete, so your oven may not be as saturated as you think. So... what have you baked in the last 4 months? It's good that you're burning oak now, that should make your heat-ups more predictable.

Comment

Re: Scheduling your time for bread baking.

Originally posted by vtsteve View Post
      It takes about three days to come down from 500F to 320. It's still above ambient after a week.

I've got about 12cm of blanket on the dome, but my dome is on top of 7.5cm of cal-sil board and 7.5cm of cellular glass (Foamglas). I suspect you're putting a fair amount of energy into heating up the portland cement in your perlcrete, so your oven may not be as saturated as you think. So... what have you baked in the last 4 months? It's good that you're burning oak now, that should make your heat-ups more predictable.
      Due to some work problems(see Greek Crisis) i haven't bake anything from August when i baked some sourdough bread.
      I guess you are right about the base, i wasn't think of that.
      Last edited by dimitrisbizakis; 02-17-2014, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X