Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spent grain bread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • texassourdough
    replied
    Re: spent grain bread

    I thought Reinhart's spent grain bread was the best whole grain style bread I ever ate so I am 100% with you! I really need to find a reliable source. I would hate to have to take up beer brewing just for the spent grain, but...

    Thanks for reminding me. Haven't done spent grain in about a year. Gotta find some...
    Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • egalecki
    started a topic spent grain bread

    spent grain bread

    Absolutely marvelous. It was spent grain from an oatmeal stout, and the bread was a lovely dark rye color, and moist and flavorful. I was initially worried that it would be bitter, which is my experience of how beer tastes (this is why I don't drink it!) but it wasn't at all.

    I am insisting that Wilson keep on brewing. I don't care if he gets the biggest beer belly this side of the Mississippi, I must have spent grains!

    If any of you have access to a microbrewery or have a source, grab it!

    I'll try to get pix later, right now I gotta go paint a garage.
Working...
X