Grilling peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilling peppers

We grilled some red peppers today, and they came out really well. We put them directly on the oven in a hot oven -- turned them once. When the skin had gone black, we put them in a glass bowl and covered them with plastic wrap. The steam inside the bowl loosened the skin. After they had cooled, we peeled the skin and sliced them. It only took a couple of minutes.

Very nice.

They ended up next to grilled chicken on the Forno Bravo grill, and on a nice focaccia with salt and oregano.

The peppers were cooked, but not mushy. They had a nice silky texture and were still sweet.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Putting the peppers in a brown closed paper bag, like those used for lunch, works equally well.
    One less thing to wash

Comment

Grilling Chops

We have grilled chops several times.
      I wonder if hot peppers would be possible.
      We have grills that are about 8 x 10 " on
      2 3/4 " legs. Great for putting some wood
      coals under and then grilling...
      suggestions???
      JJ
      Philippines

Comment

Grilled peppers are one of my favorites, though I like the really sweet red ones. I can't face the green ones -- and I'm interested to hear how your hot ones come out. Peppers are one of the things they do really well here -- sweet, firm and fresh.

Try grilling your pepper whole, turning it every couple of minutes until it is charred on all sides -- the put it in a bag to cool for a couple of minutes. Remove the charred skin, and the peppers taste great.

Pour on olive oil, balsamic and salt! Can you get those in the Phillipines? How would you dress your peppers?

Hope this helps.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Grilling peppers

Did the peppers for New Years day....6 huge red ones.

tossed them in right on the coals next to the lamb, outside was blackened and ashy. Once they are all blackened and in the collapse mode, took then out and wrapped in newspaper to cool before peeling.

Cut them into strips and served along roasted eggplant.....topped with olive oil.

.....mmmmmm
          Last edited by Xabia Jim; 01-02-2007, 02:56 AM.
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
          X