No announcement yet.

Whats on your Easter menu from the WFO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats on your Easter menu from the WFO?

My wife and daughter decided they did not want the tradition Easter proteins - ham, turkey, or rib roast. The left me to decide. I chose smoked pork butt with my own special seasoning rub, marinated beef back ribs (think of korean or chinese bbq ribs), and finally sweet and tangy wingsauce marinade on a on an 8 pack of chicken thighs. all will pay homage to the god of fire and smoke beginning in just a few hrs.

Anyone else doing there Easter dinner in the WFO?

RT

Re: Whats on your Easter menu from the WFO?

We had half a dozen friends over for a pizza night, the weather was absolutely great, not a breath of wind and around 15 degrees c all night, beautiful....
    Everyone brought toppings to share, plus there was wine and port to top off the night.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Easter was a success, 14 lbs of meat went in the oven, the 4 of us polished off all but 2 chicken thighs. Pulled pork butt - gone, beef back ribs - gone, as well as a full roasting pan of au graten potatoes cooked in the oven.

RT

Comment

Just finished a great day with 31 pizzas done for lunch and a batch of easter buns.

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Planned on pizza. Set up a tent because the weather called for rain/snow. Doing some office work and wife calls out and says the tent is gone. It was not only gone, but the frame was so broken it can't be repaired.
          With wind gusts to 40 and 40 F it was just too cold, wet and windy. Wife made spaghetti.

Tom
          Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

interested in doing a smoked pork but for pulled pork. can this be done at the end of cooking in the wfo and let it run overnight? any guidelines, thx!

Comment

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
              Just finished a great day with 31 pizzas done for lunch and a batch of easter buns.

Neill
              That is amazing Neill - did you cater for the whole neighbourhood??
              / Rossco

Comment

Working...
              X