Beef Round Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Round Roast

After doing pizza on Sunday night my oven temp was down to 275F late Tuesday night, exactly 48 hours later so I decided to throw in a roast overnight.
    I rubbed it with a mix of brown sugar, paprika, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, and salt. I slid the roast into the wfo around midnight.
    I was hoping when I woke up this morning the internal meat temp would be around 140F max but instead had shot up to 150F. Not good. I pulled it out, rested it for about half an hour before carving it. Too well done for my taste but the roast came out very tender.....not bad for a cheap piece of roast... The oven temp was down to 210F this morning.
    I took half of the roast to work this morning to make sandwiches to share with a couple of co-workers.
    Last edited by fxpose; 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM.
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Re: Beef Round Roast

Looks yummy George, I like the rack, did you make it or if you bought it where could I find it?
    Thanks

Comment

Hi, it's a rib rack I ordered from these guys:

Rib Racks for barbecue grills

The rack was too long to fit in my Weber when I originally got it so I chopped it down to two smaller racks.
      George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

That roast looks delicious, I can't believe your oven holds temperature that long.

Comment

Originally posted by tpd View Post
          That roast looks delicious, I can't believe your oven holds temperature that long.
          Thanks.
          It's been very warm in L.A. this week with rather warm overnight lows so I'm sure that helped a little.
          But overall, I've been pleased with the way this oven has been holding temps.
          George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

Working...
          X