Yesterday's Turkey - Youtube video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday's Turkey - Youtube video

I made my turkey in the wood fired oven yesterday for my first time, it turned out real nice!! Not quite as juicy as my slow roasting method I used to do in my home oven, but I think a turkey brine the night before would fix that. Believe me, it was not dry, I am just very critical of my own cooking. EVERYONE absolutely loved it and were blown away by how great it looked and tasted. I was thrilled when I pulled it out of the oven, it really looked perfect!

I would love to roast a rib roast in there next!!!

The biggest advantage to using the oven was once the turkey came out I used the WFO to keep food warm and my home oven was busy heating up casseroles my guests brought over.

Here is a video of how I cooked my turkey. Hopefully it inspires others to try it and make their own way of doing it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucBBhbFaZ84

Enjoy!

Re: Yesterday's Turkey - Youtube video

The video is coming up as "private".

Comment

Thanks for that, it's fixed.

Comment

Good job!

That turkey looked delicious.

Comment

Hm, nice job on the video. Thanks.

The result looks quite good.

Reading the various posts about WFO'd turkey, I've gotten some motivation to try one myself.

No videos, tho. Might post a pic if it turns out edible.
          Gravity forgives no one.

Comment

As threatened, my poor results.

Actually tasted pretty good, doesn't look like much. Sorry for the poor photography.

A cheapie turkey, about 10 lb. no prep on exterior, just stuffed with potato/apple mix and into a moderate oven - floor 515ish, dome about 650, sear for 20 min, pull, tent with foil, replace, cook to 168 in breast. About 2 hrs. And yes, that?s a frying pan. Seems my roasting pans are a bit big for the doorway.

Skin is like parchment paper or something, sealed everything in really good. The white meat is so juicy it?s scary. Wingtips burned a little, should have foiled them.
            Gravity forgives no one.

Comment

Working...
            X