Mediterranean (Greek?) Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediterranean (Greek?) Pizza

We had a nice break in the cold weather Friday and fired up the oven.

We concocted a pizza based on the ingredients in a Greek salad. I'm not sure whether to call the pizza Mediterranean, Greek or something else. But it sure was GOOD!

We started with the standard crust and sauce (Forno Bravo's San Marzano no-cook recipe).

Toppings: shredded cooked chicken breast (we used canned), diced Calamata olives, chopped fresh spinach, a little diced onion and topped with feta cheese.

It was eaten so fast, I almost didn't get a picture of it.

Enjoy!!
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Re: Mediterranean (Greek?) Pizza

Uhmmmm , does that look Good! Yes it does.

Nicely done!

JED

Comment

One of my favs! You get a bit overwhelmed by it if you eat it all the time. I use a motzarella base on tomato sauce, calamata olives, fetta cheese and red onions on top, which carmelize nicely in the oven. I'll make another in a year or so.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Just for fun!
        Actually, the picture below is one of a real Greek pizza, it was taked in the Santorini Island, during a lunch.
        The second pic is of one antique oven used in the Greek empire.
        And the third is mine, working in my own oven (Greek pic too) <G>

Luis

Comment

Santorini?
          Summer Lovers was filmed there -right?. Great food, pea gravel beaches, beautiful women, windmills, volcanic caldera, blue domed-white buildings perched on cliffs. Old men riding donkeys and herding sheep with staffs. Minoan ruins dating back 3000 years? Volcanic caldera surrounded by deep blue Mediterranean Seas? A dream, I think. It doesn't exist. Come back to reality.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
          X