Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

I'm very sorry for the loss of another good friend, to me, and to the forum.

The first, was Karangi Dude. I never fully, really understood why? But, this one is just too damn much! .
    Last edited by Gulf; 11-18-2014, 02:50 AM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Re: I'm very sorry for the loss another good friend.

That is sad - he was a huge benefit to this forum. What I also just noticed, it appears his post have been purged as well ( unless I am missing something). I don't have a clue why this has happened but the reality is that we are all guests...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

We will miss Russel. Why did he leave?
      Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
      I forgot who said that.

Comment

Whoa. What? I'm very sorry to see this.
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Bummer.......................Don't know what to say.... .....Russell you will be greatly missed.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build
          Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Looking through posting history, pretty sure I understand the reason now. And I can't say I blame him.

Russell and I started on the forum around the same time, and I was consistently amazed by the way he pushed the boundaries with his skills. His creativity and intelligence are going to be sorely missed.
            My build progress
            My WFO Journal on Facebook
            My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Did he say something the mods didn't like? He has deleted all his posts, or someone has deleted them for him. The absence of any explanation makes me feel uncomfortable.
              Last edited by david s; 11-18-2014, 06:53 PM.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

The absence of any explanation makes me feel uncomfortable.
                There were a large number of insensitive (to Chinese-Americans) posts (since deleted) aimed at Russell (by Huskerduck) that Russell felt sufficiently offensive to pack up and leave. The fact that a number of forum members supported Huskerduck's right to air his caustic remarks is also wrong.

Unfortunately, the results of Russell's generosity and countless hours sharing his fears and creative genius are now gone, all because of a shallow few. Sadly, the banning of Huskerduck was not timely enough, but the result of a vigilant member alerting a moderator who acted quickly.

I contacted Russell following his exit and he said there is a small chance that he would return, but I fear it's not likely. As another Chinese-American, I had connected with Russell, and through his emails it was clear he was a sincere, genuine, talented gentleman. I will miss him here.

John

Comment

The forum has lost one of our community's greatest assets. This is truly a shame. Russel's unique beehive is an example of what I believe we all strive for both in our building processes and finished ovens. He was open with his support, humble with both his experience and inexperience, and just a plain pleasure to read. For me, he was one of the builders here who I'd like to have met in person. His was also the first thread I bookmarked to follow (can you believe this guy in Utah is covering his in copper scales? How awesome!). Sad to see you go, but for all you contributed--THANK YOU.

-jonathan

Comment

Thank you GianniF. I appreciate you clearing the air, and having the guts to provide an honest explanation for what spurred this on. I had a feeling it was along these lines, as I'm sure many of us did, and agree that there is no place on our forum for targeted negativity, personal attacks, or blatant racism. I am glad that the moderators stepped in, and wish too that it didn't have to go this far.
                    -j

**now I see the mods actions might not have been enough and I am disappointed they didn't sick to the original banning. Sad.
                    Last edited by SevenAcre; 11-20-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

It is very sad that issues of this nature sour the spirit of a forum such as this. I expect that many have found quiet satisfaction in the genuine nature of the conversations and advice that this forum has provided. Without people like Russell the resource becomes a little poorer and we have seen a few of the significant contributors depart since I joined about 18 months ago.

We can only hope that time allows things to settle and Russell realises that he is appreciated here regardless of the insensitivity of one newcomer.
                      Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Oh Russell,

I am so sorry that ugly ignorant tiny thinking has hurt your beautiful heart. You are a kind and generous man and I thank you for all the support and fun you brought to my build, it was a pleasure to me to have you along for the ride!

Best, Annie

Comment

Actually hadn't noticed, but now that I look, I see the weather has cleared and a fresh fire lit.

Comment

Hello FB Community,
                            We hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Holiday season as much as we are.

We've recently come across the activity in this particular thread and wanted to discuss a few things with our users.

This forum was created to be an outlet for all wood fired enthusiasts. We welcome all ideas, suggestions, photos, and any other information pertinent to this website.

That being said, we know many users have personal opinions on certain topics and are open to discuss these topics with other members. Although we may not all agree with each other, it is extremely important we respect each other and express personal beliefs in a civil manner.

Racism, sexism, foul language, or any other type of negative postings will not be tolerated and can end up in banning.

We want our community to be an enjoyable and fun place for all. We truly enjoy each of you and hope we can move forward in a positive direction.

If there are any concerns, feel free to contact us at anytime. We are more than happy to address any issues.

Happy Holidays!!!

Comment

I'm impressed that this thread has survived. Lets all step back from the edge and do what we do - help each other build ovens... It's all good.
                              Check out my pictures here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X