Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brianventura View Post
    Re: The build has begun!

Well, I was able to get some work done today. Work and rain has delayed the progress.
    I have decided to have a full soldier course for the start. I don't know if there is difference on which style is stronger or if it's just a matter of preference.
    AWESOME BUILD THUS FAR BRIAN, I AM IN THE EARLY STAGES OF MY BUILD AND WAS WONDERING HOW YOU CALCULATED THAT FIRST TOP ANGLE ON YOUR SOLDIER BRICKS, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE AN ANGLED CUT TO THEM TO LAY YOUR FIRST COURSE ON.
    THANKS
    IVAN

Comment

• Hello Ivan, thanks for the compliment. Yes the soldier course does have an angled cut. I placed the bricks down on the ground to the angle of the arch and decided on a random angle that looked good to me. I cut the brick and decided that angle would work. As for the degree of the cut I do not know what it was I just set the saw up to the angle of the original brick and cut the rest. I hope this helps you and good luck with your build.

Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by brianventura View Post
        Re: The build has begun!

Thanks Cheesesteak,

Here are some more photos. To support the soldier course I poured concrete around them. It's just a little piece of mind since I have a tall soldier course and I have read that they do need to be reinforced so they don't get forced outward.
        Great work very impressive!! I also used a full soldier course and I am debating on reinforcing with cement just as you did. Definitely like the idea of the bracket supports on your arch.
        thanks for a well documented build.
        Ivan

Comment

• Breakfast pizza for Memorial Day. The photo was taken before I put fresh basil on top. Delicious!!

Comment

• Looks very good...I'm going to have to try making one someday.
            My Build Pictures
            https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• BV,

It has been a long time no see. Glad to see you post a M-Day pie.
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Hi, thanks for remembering. It has been awhile. No changes on the oven and it is working perfectly. The only disappointment is that I don’t use it as much as I would like.

Comment

Working...
                X