Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianventura
    replied
    Hi, thanks for remembering. It has been awhile. No changes on the oven and it is working perfectly. The only disappointment is that I don’t use it as much as I would like.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    BV,

It has been a long time no see. Glad to see you post a M-Day pie.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Looks very good...I'm going to have to try making one someday.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied
    Breakfast pizza for Memorial Day. The photo was taken before I put fresh basil on top. Delicious!!

Leave a comment:

• ivancito
    replied
    Originally posted by brianventura View Post
    Re: The build has begun!

Thanks Cheesesteak,

Here are some more photos. To support the soldier course I poured concrete around them. It's just a little piece of mind since I have a tall soldier course and I have read that they do need to be reinforced so they don't get forced outward.
    Great work very impressive!! I also used a full soldier course and I am debating on reinforcing with cement just as you did. Definitely like the idea of the bracket supports on your arch.
    thanks for a well documented build.
    Ivan

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied
    Hello Ivan, thanks for the compliment. Yes the soldier course does have an angled cut. I placed the bricks down on the ground to the angle of the arch and decided on a random angle that looked good to me. I cut the brick and decided that angle would work. As for the degree of the cut I do not know what it was I just set the saw up to the angle of the original brick and cut the rest. I hope this helps you and good luck with your build.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• ivancito
    replied
    Originally posted by brianventura View Post

Well, I was able to get some work done today. Work and rain has delayed the progress.
    I have decided to have a full soldier course for the start. I don't know if there is difference on which style is stronger or if it's just a matter of preference.
    AWESOME BUILD THUS FAR BRIAN, I AM IN THE EARLY STAGES OF MY BUILD AND WAS WONDERING HOW YOU CALCULATED THAT FIRST TOP ANGLE ON YOUR SOLDIER BRICKS, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE AN ANGLED CUT TO THEM TO LAY YOUR FIRST COURSE ON.
    THANKS
    IVAN

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied
    Hi Alex. No, there isn't enough light to see inside the oven but it does illuminate the landing. When the fire isn't enough for me to see clearly inside the oven I have my trusty flashlight. The light under the roof is a strip of 24volt LED lights they work great.

Leave a comment:

• sharptailhunter
    replied
    Looks awesome Brian! I love the lights under your roof. Do they help to see the food as it's cooking?

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied
    Attached is a photo of the kitchen in the early evening with the lights on. I have yet to finish the doors, but I sure enjoy the kitchen though.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the kind words. I have been working on this project since 2011 and I have two things left to do. I want to build a second door for front of the oven, so I will have the metal door to close up the dome area and a wooden door for the front of the entry. I also need to make a door for the back side of the stand to close off the storage area.
    Then I should be completely finished.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Brian - If I was only allowed one word it would be "Awesome". That is a great job and you should be justifiably proud of your work. If I was allowed another word it would be "Inspirational".

Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Hi okn,
    Thank you and I hope you are injoying your oven it turned out really nice with great heat retention. As for the kegerator my wife wanted to put one in. I on the other hand like a variety of beers and put in an outdoor refrigerator instead.

Leave a comment:

• okn
    replied

Stunning! You build is outrageously beautiful! Am I wrong for thinking you were going to put a kegerator in at one time?

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Attached are some updated photos of the kitchen. I uncovered everything and got it all cleaned up for mothers day. We had the whole family over for a morning brunch. I made the breakfast pizza for the brunch with egg on top. I found cooking the egg first before placing on top of the pizza worked well for me. There were no complaints.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X