X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianventura
    replied
    Re: The build has begun!

The top front is on, now to work on the base.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

ATK406,
    Thanks, the arch was the only thing I could come up with where I could end the faux stone. Hopefully it is of some help to you.

Fabby,
    Thank you for your comment. This project has taken me around 3 years to the point I am at now, 1 year just planning by reading and viewing all the posts I could on this site.

Leave a comment:

• fabby
    replied

Your space has to be one of the nicest I have seen. The amount of work you have put in, and the level of skill.......wow.

(I think I will have to delete all the pictures of my oven and redirect to your build)

Leave a comment:

• ATK406
    replied

Lookin good. I really like the concrete arch....you've got me thinking.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

I finally have started installing the faux stone on the oven. It will go all around the housing. When I'm finished with that then I will work on the door.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks dvm. I do plan on having two doors, an inner and an outer door with a plug for the flue in my attempt to keep in the heat. It may seem to be a little overkill but why stop now. When I finish the stone I will start working on the doors (hopefully I'll finish sometime next year).

Thanks again,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Brian the cement arch looks great! With the reveal you left on the outer arch, you could have an outer door if you wanted one.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

It has been some time since my last post. I ended up using an acid stain for the arch pieces. I tried many different stains but what I liked the best was the way the acid stain looked. With the acid stain I tried different colors and strengths to narrow down on which one to use.

I finally stained the pieces and let them sit for a while before I installed them, just to make sure the color remained. Now they are cemented in place and the oven is ready for the stone.

It may be a while before I finish. I have too many projects that need attention!

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks Gary and Mike,

I'm going to try and stain the concrete arch pieces to better match the concrete stone that I will be installing on the oven. So I'm going to a couple of stores tomorrow to find out what colors there are out there and how to apply it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied

-Very nice. I like the concrete arch.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Mots
    replied

Brian, that is coming together so nice. Looking good man.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks Coloradoredusa, I have been busy finishing the outdoor kitchen area and now I am going to start on the concrete stone for the oven. I wanted to keep the brick free of any contact and to have something the stone could butt up to at the opening of the oven so I made some concrete pieces to go in front. Here are the photos of what I did.
    Last edited by brianventura; 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coloradoredusa
    replied

Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks dtrbovich and Gary. I did get some work done on the front of the oven. I filled in underneath the granite in front of the oven with brick scraps and mortar. Next I need to close up under the eves to keep out animals (rats) from getting into the insulation. I'll use some kind of metal flashing.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Mots
    replied

Brian, beautiful build man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X