X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianventura
    replied
    Re: The build has begun!

Thanks Steve and Alex. I will find some updated photos of the project.

Take care,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• sharptailhunter
    replied

Brian, your build was the first one I read about and it was what got me excited to start building an oven of my own. It's taken me a long while to get where I could start but I finally have. I'd love to see, as we would all, some pics of your completed oven/outdoor kitchen. I remember seeing you putting some good skill into your work.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Looks good Brian. Are you going to share the pics of the completed project with us?

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

It's been some time since I posted anything. I only have a couple of things left to finish but I'm busy with other priorities lately. Not too busy to get the oven going once in awhile. Last night we roasted some vegetables in the oven. The one pan has brussels sprouts cut in half that were dipped in grape seed oil and then seasoned with a garlic and herb mix. The other has sweet peppers, onion, and cauliflower mixed with the same.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks Dave, I am happy with the project but I still have not finished installing the faux stone on the back side. Once I do that I will grout between the stones and then I will be very close to being finished.
    Take care,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    That turned out real nice.... You must be pleased
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Last night we had pizza with the family on new years day. I made 12, and everyone had some to take home.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Hi Texas

The floor tiles did come 18"x18" and I had to cut them. It wasn't too difficult on the saw it just took some time.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I have been out of town.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Texas
    replied

Did the floor tiles for the kit come cut like that or did you cut them? The kit on the website says the 42" comes with Six 18" x 18" floor tiles and the 36" comes with 4. I assumed they were square.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Thanks you guys. Looks like I will not be done for the Fourth of July this year. I was hoping to be finished with this project last 4th of July.

Okn,
    The door is not insulated. It is just a flat piece of steel. I needed to get something on there because the 2nd wood door was charred. I have not check on the heat retention with the metal door. It has a really good seal but I think it would be better insulated some how.

Leave a comment:

• okn
    replied

Brian,

Looks fantastic! You have done a marvelous job! Is the oven door in the picture insulated? If not, are you still getting decent heat retention?

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

That looks great Brian! Your attention to detail and perseverance shines through in the end result.

Congratulations, you have every right to be proud of your work.

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Nice progress! You have a great blend of colors and sizes stone in the "beauty layer".

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

I now have the front completed, except for grouting. I'll start on the sides tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Looks great Brian!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X