replied
    Re: The build has begun!

I love it. It looks great.

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

flyfisherx,

Thanks. It took me a long time to decide what I was going to put on the countertops. In the beginning I planned on installing tile so I built the cabinet bases to allow for that. Then my wife and I started thinking that no grout lines outside would be a better choice. So we were looking at two options, concrete or granite. I didn't think there was enough room for the concrete since I did not want to be higher than 38" for the finished height. So I had a company come in and install the granite (no vacation this year). The plan is to finish the pizza oven with a stone and for the cabinet bases stucco.

Thanks again,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• flyfisherx
    replied

Wow!!!! Beautiful. Words cant express how this is going to look and perform when you are done. Amazing work!!!!! That granite really does it!

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Countertops are now installed. Just a little closer to being finished.

Leave a comment:

• flyfisherx
    replied

Thanks Brian, I will definitely ask all the questions I can. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

flyfisherx,

Thanks, I have spent a lot of time on this project. I purchased the Pompeii oven kit for the 42" oven and it was $1200 from Forno Bravo. It included the medium duty fire brick, floor tiles, FB mortar, FB insulating blanket, and FB insulating boards. Fortunately for me I live just over a 5 hour drive away and I went and picked up the materials (my one ton truck was necessary in hauling the load back). The shipping is expensive for all that material but if you can find your material locally you would certainly be better off. Someone closer to you on this forum might be able to help you out on where they acquired their materials so you cut down on your cost. As I remember the plans say something about using a low duty fire brick is a good choice instead of the medium that they recommend if you can not find the higher quality bricks. You will save more time putting in the modular kit but all in all though I wanted to build the oven myself and have that real brick oven look inside. It has definitely been a challenge in building the oven and I couldn't of done it without the plans and all the posts I have read on this forum.
    Hopefully someone will have a better answer for you on materials out in your area so you can plan on starting your oven.
    If you have any questions on your build I will try to answer the best that I can.
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• flyfisherx
    replied

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
    Brian, I too LOVE your roof! WOW WOW WOW ! That is definitely impressive!

flyfisherx, where in CT. do you live? I am in Southbury and I am just waiting for the warmer temps to finish the outside of the oven. I built a Pompei from scratch (no kit) and it works fantastic! Better than I could have ever hoped for, especially considering I never mixed mortar before in my life!

Good Luck to you both!
    John
    John,
    I am in New Britain. Where did you source your firebrick and mortar from? I have been looking to no avail. I am not going to spend over $1200.00 in shipping costs to source materials from California. It would be nice if Forno Bravo was local to New England, I would just take a road trip and get all the stuff I need. Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied

Originally posted by flyfisherx View Post
    I am trying to weigh kit versus from scratch. The Pompei kit(Scratch Build) from Forno Bravo shipping costs to Connecticut far out weigh that of the Casa2G Series kit and shipping.
    Thanks for your help!
    Brian, I too LOVE your roof! WOW WOW WOW ! That is definitely impressive!

flyfisherx, where in CT. do you live? I am in Southbury and I am just waiting for the warmer temps to finish the outside of the oven. I built a Pompei from scratch (no kit) and it works fantastic! Better than I could have ever hoped for, especially considering I never mixed mortar before in my life!

Good Luck to you both!
    John

Leave a comment:

• flyfisherx
    replied

Brian, First off!!! Wow. You do amazing work. Very detail oriented and clean. I have been contemplating trying to follow your footsteps. I would hope you could offer some help in answering a few questions. What was the approximate cost for just the hearth and dome materials? Am I better off in saving a lot of labor in return of buying a modular kit dome(Casa2G)? I am trying to weigh kit versus from scratch. The Pompei kit(Scratch Build) from Forno Bravo shipping costs to Connecticut far out weigh that of the Casa2G Series kit and shipping.

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

sharptailhunter,

Thank you, I did get your PM and I hope you received my answers that I sent to you through PM.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• sharptailhunter
    replied

Brian,

I am very impressed with your work. I sent you a PM with a few questions. Thanks for posting great photos along with a quality write-up.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

From what I can see in the photos the project is coming along nicely.

The pizza looks very good.

All is well thank you for asking.

Thanks,
    Heidi

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

Hi Heidi,

Thank you, the whole project is slowly progressing. Even though I have yet to finish (at some point in time) the oven is working great. My niece wanted to have a pizza party for her birthday which is the day after Christmas. So everyone came over and we had a build your own pizza birthday party. We all had a great time and the pizza was a hit.

Hope all is well with you,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Brian,

How are you? The oven is looking amazing so far. I can't wait to see it when you completely finished it.

Please tell your wife I said hello.

Heidi

Leave a comment:

• brianventura
    replied

ggoose,

Thanks, it took me some time to decide on the roof.

Kevin,

Thanks, I have not yet made a choice for the walls. I most likely will finish with a stone look.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X