X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith In Virginia
    replied
    Re: 82cm Corner Underway in Bulgaria

Nice, I found when I went up towards the top I needed to make my bricks narrower so I had to cut down my IT tool. Just a heads up.

Faith

Leave a comment:

• yorkshireknight
    replied

I posted my IT & arch template on the wrong thread (mortar gaps)
    Oops
    Here is my newer version as adapted from Laku's diagram.

The wood shaft now points to the centre of the brick depth.
    Thanks to Tex and Dejayoh for pointing out my error I now hope this will work better.

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

Will do, let me know when your ready.

Leave a comment:

• yorkshireknight
    replied

Faith maybe you can send me a recipe or two when I eventually get my oven built.
    You sound really busy...glad to hear all is good.

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

Don't want to hijack the thread. Nope not offended in the least and I love to joke around also. The bakery thing requires much more research and learning before I jump in with two feet. I am fully aware of the risks and that is why I am moving slowly. In the mean while I'm baking and building a bread list of new breads...It's all good :-)

Leave a comment:

• yorkshireknight
    replied

Chip, thanks for the tip, I have just been putting together my arch form and thought about this reveal stop. Is it to keep the bricks in line and even for the future door jamb?
    If so the penny has now dropped and indeed a good idea to enable a better fitting.
    Thanks
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

I agree, outstanding stonework in the background.

Leave a comment:

• yorkshireknight
    replied

Dear Faith,

If I offended you with my flippant light hearted, well intentioned remark, then I humbly apologise, however, I do reiterate my statement, that it is a big step to consider and I still wish you well in your consideration and still wish you Good Luck.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
    Giving it some serious thought. First I need to learn the financial aspects of a bakery. I know I can't make the mortgage on bread alone. So before I make that jump I need to know that I can support myself with a start up business. Still working out the details.
    We went down the road of perusing what we thought would combine our hobby/interests into an income stream, we were/are good at the intended business.
    We lost a sheet load of money and now have to work harder to make up for the lost money.

The grass is not always greener on the other side, plus, once bitten/taken/used, the once delightful time consuming hobby takes on a very bitter taste indeed.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by yorkshireknight View Post
    Faith I'm sure you will do very well, yes its a big step but everyone in the bread business makes plenty of Dough !! lol
    Good Luck
    Paul
    Shove a sock in it Paul, you are not even funny.
    Faith is asking a serious question here.

Leave a comment:

• yorkshireknight
    replied

Faith I'm sure you will do very well, yes its a big step but everyone in the bread business makes plenty of Dough !! lol
    Good Luck
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

No not in my library yet. Something particular I should be reading?

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Have you read Chad Robertsons book?

Leave a comment:

• Faith In Virginia
    replied

Giving it some serious thought. First I need to learn the financial aspects of a bakery. I know I can't make the mortgage on bread alone. So before I make that jump I need to know that I can support myself with a start up business. Still working out the details.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
    Yes the first row is the soldier brick row all other rows were on their side.

No I'm looking forward to my twins. Thinking of two 6'x8' ish bread ovens side by side.

Psss... to Russell, Faith is my real first name and it does say female on my drivers license. ;-)
    I thought you were giving away your bread at this time. Are you thinking of going commercial?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X