X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frances
    replied
    Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

You should have just told us what hard work it was putting in the pavers... could have fooled me! It looks great, the cement and the lighting both - and its really nice seeing your oven again.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Awesome Ken! Are you putting in grass in the dirt area or plant stuff? Whichever way you go - looks great.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

It's been a long winter (well, not that long here in Kentucky). The arbor is now electrified. We installed two ceiling fans and some commercial grade string lights.

At my son's request we had extra outlets installed in 2 opposite corners of the arbor for wireless speakers. Using an Apple AirPort Express, we can pipe our iTunes and streaming radio through the speakers. Works great! (I'm glad I listened to him ).

I planned on installing pavers around the oven area. After I calculated how many I would need and the labor involved (figuring in my sore shoulder!), my better half insisted I call the "concrete boys". We had them put in a colored, stamped concrete apron around the area. We love it!

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

I love the wood store. Excellent-looking.

Ken, we need some photos of food! Keep them coming.
    James

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Originally posted by Frances View Post
    I'll bet you can hold really nice parties there!
    In fact, the parties are exceeding my expectations . I can't wait to get some lighting going.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

That looks fantastic! I'll bet you can hold really nice parties there!

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Ken,

Looks tremendous!

And done!? What a concept. Congrads.

I dream of that day.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Originally posted by asudavew View Post
    Kitchen aid pro600?
    I'm in need of a new mixer.....
    I bought my Refurb at a Kitchen Collection outlet store. You can also get it online: KitchenAid Refurbished Pro 600 Bowl Lift Stand Mixer - Empire Red RKP26M1XER at Kitchen Collection

So far, I'm really happy with it. The price is certainly right.

I can't wait until I'm around Kentucky! Someone is going to have to feed me!
    Give us a couple days notice, we'll have beer and pizza waiting!

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Whoa Ken!

Absolutely wonderful.

Kitchen aid pro600?
    I'm in need of a new mixer.....

I can't wait until I'm around Kentucky! Someone is going to have to feed me!

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
    It looks really, really nice. Like it's always been there.
    Thanks! I used KDAT (Kiln Dried After Treatment) lumber so I could stain it before construction. That made things a lot easier.

How many batches of dough did you make for that many people and which recipe did you use?
    I made 4 batches of Famous Dave W's dough recipe using Sam's Club Bread Flour. Each batch had 1000gr of flour. My new KitchenAid Pro600 handled it like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

It looks really, really nice. Like it's always been there.

How many batches of dough did you make for that many people and which recipe did you use?

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Here's a quick Arbor Update:

The structure is finished. I'm waiting for the electrician to come out to hook up some electricity to it. It will have two ceiling fans, a floodlight to light up the oven and several outlets. We are also thinking about building some integrated counters in the corner for bar stools.

We had a pizza party for 25+ adults a couple weekends ago. The oven performed beautifully. My son and I essentially ran a "cook-to-order" pizza restaurant for 2 hours. What a blast!!

My other news is that the recent windstorm here in Louisville (courtesy of IKE) provided me with a nice oak and walnut tree. I broke down and bought a log splitter; an MTD Yard Machine from HD. It works GREAT. I highly recommend either buying or renting one (my 43 year old body can't handle splitting wood like it used to). I then built the nifty wood rack out of scrap treated lumber I had laying around. It's loosely based on this Lowe's project: Firewood Rack

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Originally posted by Ken524 View Post
    Hmmm... Hammocks and cup holders.
    You've just got to love this forum... Such a lot of good advice!

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Hmmm... Hammocks and cup holders.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Nice! You could hang up hammocks between those posts, too. For when you do finally take a break from all this construction stuff...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X