Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Start of the restaurant/bakery oven

Hi everyone!
    Now...I finally woke up and realized I hadn't posted on this thread in toooo long! SJ it is in a little town called Sardis...about 45 minutes south of Memphis TN about one mile off of the interstate.
    I will post some progress pics tomorrow as it seems to be uncooperative at this time.
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Realized what the issue was and will now post some pics
      Best
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Very cool, best of luck to you!

I plan on doing something similar in the future, was hoping I could email you with a few questions?

Thanks,

RC

Comment

Way to go Dutch, I can really see how it is going to come together. Excellent.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

RC
            Sent you a Private Message with contact info
            All the best!
            Dutch

Originally posted by FigliodiMariaeGiovanni View Post
            Very cool, best of luck to you!

I plan on doing something similar in the future, was hoping I could email you with a few questions?

Thanks,

RC

Comment

Here's today's progress!
              All the best!
              Dutch

Comment

That looks great! Fascinating how the brick oven disapears into the brick wall.

I really envy you guys who get to make more than one oven...
                "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Hey Dutch!
                  Looks great! I was wondering what the inspectors thought of the oven? Are there any guidelines they set forth, or permits required specifically for it? Also what size is it? Looks pretty big by the pics. Keep up the good work and keep posting!
                  Dave
                  David and Cynthia Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by David Manchester View Post
                    Hey Dutch!
                    Looks great! I was wondering what the inspectors thought of the oven? Are there any guidelines they set forth, or permits required specifically for it? Also what size is it? Looks pretty big by the pics. Keep up the good work and keep posting!
                    Dave
                    Thanks everybody!

Frances
                    It just means you get to not make the same mistakes twice ...or three times...I might even get to build more as people have been asking about building one in their backyard...in a neighboring town of course

Dave
                    Fire chief has been in the know since concept and really the oven is treated for the most part like a fireplace...hence our decision to build it outside the building structure for additional ease. In rural Mississippi there are significantly less hoops to jump through than in your neck of the woods...for now! It is quite large...similar size to the FB Modena commercial model except that it's shape is a bit different...more oval. The finished oven will be 48" deep by 54" wide and I am moving for a target dome height of 21-22 inches.
                    Should be more pics coming today!
                    Best
                    Dutch

Comment

I see you are using a mix of red and white bricks.

Are you putting a design or initials in with the two colors of brick in the dome of the oven?

Christo
                      My oven progress -
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                      sigpic

Comment

Well guys...here's a few more pics
                        Christo...yes there is a design...albeit a bit primitive...in the wall opposite the door I tried to make a design like that of a burning fire with the red brick...

5 and 1/2 courses complete along with the doorway/vent arch

More to do tomorrow!!!
                        All the best!
                        Dutch

Comment

Looking good Dutch! It really looks huge inside! Should be a great workhorse!
                          Dave
                          David and Cynthia Manchester

Comment

That fire design is a lovely touch! So cool!
                            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Here are a few from today's progress! I was able to set just 1 and 1/2 courses today due to the touchiness of getting the dome bricks meetin the doorway arch. The oval shape to the oven has made some things a bit challenging but I believe it will be worth it.
                              Once again...All the best!
                              Dutch

Comment

Keep plugging away! Looks good so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X