Mannextdoor WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mannextdoor WFO

I am starting my WFO journey. No looking back. The FB sight has been such an inspiration. I can?t wait to actually start building. Will start by preparing the sight by removing some trees and a water feature that I had put in some years back. Enclosed are some pictures of what has to be removed. (Before)

Re: Mannextdoor WFO

I am impressed that you took "before" pictures. For our backyard renov I never took a single picture before. Luckily a friend had come by and taken several pics before we started work. That will certainly be a lovely site for your wood fired oven, but will it be far from your kitchen? I couldn't tell from your picture. Anyway.....happy building!

Comment

What about the pad just beyond the water feature, right side of the figurine. Granted the water feature would need modification.

Comment

Originally posted by krosskraft View Post
        I am impressed that you took "before" pictures. For our backyard renov I never took a single picture before. Luckily a friend had come by and taken several pics before we started work. That will certainly be a lovely site for your wood fired oven, but will it be far from your kitchen? I couldn't tell from your picture. Anyway.....happy building!
        It will be pretty far from the kitchen in our house. But with the WFO I am also building an outdoor kitchen. Including grill, sink and a frig.

Comment

Originally posted by jengineer View Post
          What about the pad just beyond the water feature, right side of the figurine. Granted the water feature would need modification.
          That picture was taken from my neighbors? house. That pad is my deck. It will stay. The other picture shows what is coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by mannextdoor View Post
            That picture was taken from my neighbors? house.
            ...so that would be the man next door to the mannextdoor, right?

Nice location. Is that a lake I spy beside the deck?
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

That would be correct on the Man next door, next to the Mannextdoor. Nice observation on the lake. I didn't even notice it was in the picture. We live on the very west end of Lake Springfield. The lake has 57 miles of shoreline and is approx, 4000 acres.

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful spot to build. I love the figurine. Perhaps you can incorporate her into the kitchen.
                GJBingham
                -----------------------------------
                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

The figurine Hebe will be placed at the far end, with a couple of arborvitaes as a back drop between my neighbor and me for some privacy. She will be over looking the kitchen and our deck.

Comment

It's coming along. I hate to see it go. But I know the new will be better.

Comment

Will be digging soon.

Comment

Nothing new to report. I can't seem to get a break in the rain so I can dig. I guess the main reason for this post, is that I am tiered of being a Peasant. Change is good.

Comment

Labor does a man good. Even the man next door.

James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Patience is our middle name here at the Forno Bravo Forum. I could bet you that every person on the forum took 4 times longer to get their oven finished than they figured. Just enjoy the journey, we will be here along the way.

Comment

Hey yes, we have a lot of very patient people here! They go on about why they can't build and how patient they're being at great length...

Join the club, have a good rant. It'll make you feel better and cheer up everybody who's sitting in the same boat.
                              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Working...
                              X