Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk e
    replied
    Made the oven door this morning and the turkey just went in. It's pretty windy so I decided to leave coal down the sides and gap the door about 2" to let the coals burn and block the wind....fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    UPS just brought me a new project. It looks like I'm building a door for the pizza over that is supposed to match the grill and will let me bake/roast in the oven. I suspect this is required to be completed for Thanksgiving as in Lana's expecting me to cook this year

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    one more pic

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    Success! We made a truly wonderful pizza tonight.

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    And chicken

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    A real fire and a pre-pizza snack

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Try the semolina test. ie cast about 1/4 tsp of semolina into the centre of the oven. If it goes black in 2 secs = too hot, burnt bottom, 3 secs = just right, 4 secs = too cool, pizzas take too long or have soft bottoms.
    All WFO's will be too hot on the floor for the first pizza, it's just like the first pancake is usually a bummer. I always cook the first pizza half in the entry where it's cooler, pushing subsequent pizzas progressively deeper in.

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    Luckily it was just a $5 Walmart practice pizza

now I know not to push 5he fire back and throw a pizza in, WAY too hot. Tomorrow should be better....I hope.

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    Looked great but sadly it was inedible

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    Pizza #1

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    Tiny bit of heat left this morning...maybe 100f in the dome. Actual fire number 4 lit. I'm home today so I'll probably tend it and try to maintain 300-400 all day, maybe ramp up q bit in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    I put my hand in the done as #3 was burning low and....250? I decided to drop one a larger log and let it slow burn another couple hours.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Good luck, just giving you feedback from the dozen or perhaps hundreds of builds we have watched or advised on over the years.

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    Wait 1,2,3 fire 3 not 4

inside the dome is black so not that hot, and just a little too hot to hold my hand on, so maybe 180-200f

Leave a comment:

• mk e
    replied
    I understand your concern but I do not share it.

The 100k btu propane burner/fire starter I ordered came! fire 4 was much easier to light.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X