Will an oven fit....looks like yes! PA build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an oven fit....looks like yes! PA build

I have a bother who's been trying to convince me for years that I NEED a pizza oven. Years....but the patio was build so that was that. Last fall I started building a new garage and part of the deal to get the funding approved by my darling wife included a patio expansion for my darling wife who also asked if the change would now allow an oven.....hmmmmm..... is it enough to slide an oven into the plan....hmmmmm....on the computer (free online cad, onshape) it looks like yes! It's tight but yes. Ok then.

The u structure isn't a structure, its dimension lines...probably doesn't show well.

I did start by downloading the Pompeii plans and kind of working from a sketch I found there, but I also have my bother fron Texas Ovens, a forno bravo dealer who's build dozens of ovens to call for guidance....and help if enough beer is available

Comment

In the space I have there is 7ft patio to pool fence and an existing L island. The plan included pushing the raised patio wall out 3ft and moving the side counter with it.

I started digging to move the walls Memorial day weekend.

Comment

More digging and building

Comment

Right about now, just as I'm finishing up the island foundation extension is when the oven requested actually came in the timeline.....bugger....

ok .....more digging, more concrete

Comment

More building, working around the stuff 8d just finished but no longer really needed...

Comment

This is a raised patio so once i was up out of the ground I put a slab.

Comment

Now the actual base.

Comment

The base is 8" block which leaves big gaps on the diameter I have....I just wrapped it and poured the blocks full of concrete which also filled all the gaps. I don't think it showed in the foundation pics but the in-ground part I wrapped with cardboard, backfilled, then poured. Easy.

Comment

Then another slab. A tip from my brother was a piece of cement board on the bottom... just set it in and pour, nothing to remove

Comment

Next 4" of vermiculite.

Comment

Then I put another 2.5" of concrete, The thought is this will make the floor and the same thermal mass as the dome.

I include a thermal break between the oven and apron areas then went back and filled it with vermiculite

Comment

At this point my brother, the one that actually knows what hes doing, told me he'd be in the area in a few weeks and would swing by to help (as in actual do) building the oven done so I moved on to building a counter along side the oven. We wanted to keep the view to the pool area so I made it a floating counter......I put LOTS of steel in it so hopefully it stays floating.

Comment

Brother delayed so I finished the patio and planted some stuff.

Comment

Brother arrived friday of labor day weekend....to rain so we focused on drinking beer. Saturday was dry so the oven began! ....boringly with a layer of bricks on the bottom. They came out pretty flat but skipping ahead to day 2 he gave it a quick sand to get it perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X