X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried something new tonight....chocolate chip cookies...mmmmmm
    Attached Files

Comment

We did our 1st bread a couple weeks ago...it came out pretty good but the oven wasn't quite hot enough so it didn't really want to brown properly, but still tasted good. I'd only done a small fire so it was only reading 550F on the floor when I did the pizza, then our metal fire pit I thought I'd pull the fire out and into had rusted so I just fit the door and waited about an hour, sure enough the fire was out, so the bread went in ...i actually relit the old fire last night to get things started with a new fire, turns out the door seals pretty well . anyway it was showing about 350F on the door thermometer when the bread went in then struggled to hit 325 when the door went back on.....it just wasn't hot enough and the fire wasn't burning long enough to really heat the oven I guess. Everything was hotter for the cookies last night....oven floor 670, oven burning about 1.5 hours before I pulled the fire out, door thermometer was showing about 430F when they went in and about 400 while they cooked....I think I have it now.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mk e; 09-07-2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X