Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primavera Oven photo

Hey guys,

The Primavera got a really a really nice review in the Los Angeles Daily News this week. Very nice. Check it out online:

Bravo Forno Bravo!! - All Good Things

Also, here's a nice email we got in the mail this week:

"Just a note to thank all of you at Forno Bravo. I just fired up up my Primavera oven over the last week and am making pizzas everyday. The oven is remarkable in that it heats up quickly and cooks to perfection. I cannot look at food or recipes without wondering how I can cook it in the oven. The oven is truly a marvel. Thanks again for answering all my questions and steering me in the right direction."
    Ed in PA.

Wahoo.

Christo, sales are really humming along and we are getting very good feedback, which is great.

Enjoy your weekends everybody.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hey all,

I am very happy to say that Peter Reinhart has fired up his Primavera60 oven and he really likes it! Here are a few things he wrote to us, and there will be a lot more to come. We're thrilled.
      James

"We fired it up for the first time last Saturday and had a wonderful experience. We have a big family gathering this weekend where we plan to feature a number of things baked in the oven...I plan to write about it on my blog, which I did when I first got it and promised my readers an update once I got it fired up. So good things are coming. Now that we are learning how to "drive it", we anticipate hours and hours of fun over the coming years. By the way, it really holds the heat well and didn't take nearly as long to pre-heat as I anticipated. All good signs--and our friends are jealous."
      Peter
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Check out the photo we received from Peter. I have to admit that it's really nice seeing my hero bread baker standing in front of his own FB oven. :-)

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Fantastic, James! Congratulations. That's certainly a picture to be proud of.
          Picasa web album
          Oven-building thread

Comment

Hi James

I?m very intressted in the primavera ovens. Are they all refractory in the dome or is it multiple layers with insulation between?
            What?s the shipping cost for the Primavera 70 to Stockholm, Sweden?

best regards/ William

Comment

Considering Primavera and have a few questions

I am considering the smaller Primavera oven and have a few questions:

1. How sturdy is the stand? Any concerns whether the stand is sturdy enough to support the weight of the oven? Any it could topple over if for example a dog jumped up on it?

2. I live in Houston and it rains a lot and the oven will be sitting outside in the yard. Regarding curing the oven - once the oven is cured, what happens if it rains? You don't have to cure again right? Because the oven is sealed? Or is it important to have some type of cover on the oven at all times.

Thanks for your comments. I am looking forward to a lot of great pizzas!

Comment

Hi Glen,

I think we answered your questions via email, but here goes:

The stand is very sturdy, with lots of cross bracing. I guess it depends on how big your dog is, but our two labs couldn't make the oven wobble.

You are right, in that you don't have to re-cure the oven when it rains. The curing process "bakes" the water that is part of the manufacturing process out of the castables and mortars. Once it's done, it's done.

That said, you have to keep the inside of the oven dry in order for it work properly. You need to cover the chimney with the cap we provide and you have to keep the door closed. You also cannot set the oven at an angle where there is any change that water will run into oven chamber from some other source (a roof or something like that). The Primavera stucco enclosure is waterproof, the way you would waterproof the outside of a house.

If you are concerned about keep the P60 dry, you can always buy the cover.

I hope this answers your questions.
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James:

Thanks for the info, sounds easy enough. That answers my questions.

Comment

At least this spammer has made a post, unlike the 9000 sleepers you have as members.....
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by ERASMO View Post
                      Roger,
                      I did order a copper cap for mine http://www.copperchimneycaps.com/images/acoppslip4.jpg
                      Im not happy with it!

I use a boat center console cover to cover mine when not in use. The primavera has a weatherproof coating but I feel better covering it when not in use.

If you just want to cover the chimney you can get a nice terracotta flower pot base.
                      erasmo, why don't you like it? do you recommend something else? I thought that was a great idea. thanks!

Comment

james, the oven is just beautiful!!! its still raining here, so i hope to begin cure next week. i just have one comment. the cap that was sent had a price tag on it 1.15 it was just the terrcotta bottom for a pot. it fell and broke the 1st time i tried to put my cover on. i personally would be willing to pay a bit more for something a little better. that copper top erasmo indicated looks really functional, keep out the rain etc. but i dont now whay he said he doesnt like it.... i now have a pot with no holes in it upsidedown on the chimney...not real pretty but it works.... Also, i did finally find the cover you offer for the p60 and i bought it immediately. the one i bought locally earlier was for a 4 wheeler and wasnt waterproof??? i did have to do a search on "cover" on your stores search engine, i couldnt find anything that led me to the cover! im so glad it is coming though....thank you!!

Comment

that copper top erasmo indicated looks really functional, keep out the rain etc. but i dont now why he said he doesnt like it....
                          From the looks of it, this copper cap might be a tad bit shy of keeping rain from blowing down the flue into the oven entryway.

Comment

thats a good point. definitely a good rain would penetrate the mesh....i was trying to think of something i could use if it started to rain while performing my cure. my problem for the last month has been precipitation every day....any other suggestions other than building some sort of structure? thanks!

Comment

Your copper cap looks like it is designed to fit inside the flue pipe. You may be able to remove the tags and slide it deeper into the pipe to avoid rain penetration, alternatively have it so you can side it up or down so you can fully close it when not in use.
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I was really nervous about the curing process. being an engineer I felt I was over thinking it. but after many discussions with friends I did it this way. I have a fire pit for bonfires. so I would get the Bon fire going with applewood. and once. I got a good bed of coals I would scoop up hot coals and add them to the oven. scoop by scoop I could control temp really well and could maintain easily for 8hrs. only the neighbors were wondering why I had bonfires goin at noon and for 5 days in a row. when at work my wife would start the bonfire early and by the time I got home coals were ready to scoop into the oven. once at temp It would take abou a scoop an hour to maintain. and I did notice that exhaust out the chimney smelled of brick...and by the 5th day I could smell the applewood and no watery mason smell.

Comment

Working...
                                X