X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kebwi
    replied
    Re: 36" in Seattle

Yeah, that's not a good thing. Can we say obsessive/compulsive?

...but thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

Hey Keb,,
    Your neatness is incredible... love the clean tight joints...

your websites are cool and time consuming (in a good way) thanks

cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Six course is done. Seventh course is done minus the last brick, but that brick is cut and ready to go. This was the first course I couldn't clean from the outside. Had to go in through the entry, which was very tight. It's a small oven with a semicircular entry (as opposed to a more rectangular entry). Not easy.

Cheers!

...and merry Christmanakuh.

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

you're always quick with the encouraging comments
    [B]WELL DESERVED COMMENTS[B]
    will check out your website...

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Thanks TOGNJ, you're always quick with the encouraging comments.

BTW, I just noticed what you do for a living, as per your profile. You should really take a look at my PhD. It's on my website. I think you would find it very interesting.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

great job keb......

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Sixth course, in progress, not done enough to call "almost done", but whatever... :-)

Leave a comment:

• lwalper
    replied

Sounds like our weather is similar - mine is just a little colder here in middle TN. I got my footer poured and three block (not three courses) laid before the weather turned sour. The footer is now covered in mud. Oh well, I guess that's why they make shovels. Now if it would just stay above freezing for a few days maybe I could finish that first course of block and climb up out of the mud. Great work!

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

We're in the upper forties this week, rainy. Not the best outdoor construction weather, but as good as I can hope for this time of year.

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

Hey Keb,
    Looks like your doing a really nice job... How's the weather holding up for you ??

cheers
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Fifth tilted course is almost up. Three or four bricks to go. This is the course with the most individual bricks incidentally. Lower courses, although larger, were constructed from one-half bricks and were incomplete due to the arch (although that is a whole rubble or trouble in and of itself). This is the first course of one-third bricks. It is also the first course that, when done, will look complete from the top although I believe I will have to cut some notches out of the bottoms of the last two bricks to fit over the arch.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

"Seems to me that the lateral force on the key is extremely weak."

Yes, but it is vibrating slightly all the time. Use the Loctie on the set screw, or you can peen the edge of the key to lock it in the keyway.

Leave a comment:

• papavino
    replied

Geez. I think a good test for tightness has already been mentioned. Just go to the half-span of the belt and pull on it to see how much it deflects. If it is less than 1/2", then you might have too tight of a belt. No special equipment required.

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

No, I don't have this saw but most belt driven anything (tool or equipment) I've owned had ways of adjusting belt tension, either by altering distance between pullies or by varying thickness of V-style pullies.
    Even my new cement mixer came "factory adjusted" with what seemed like a very loose belt but was able to drive a fully loaded barrel without any slippage. If the belt starts to slip, I can pivot the motor back a tad to increase tension.
    Last edited by fxpose; 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X