• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raffy
    replied
    Re: 36" in Seattle

Hi Keith,

It's so nice to see the final product! It looks even better than how I imagined it would turn out. Congratulations! You must be very proud.

Raffy

Leave a comment:

• tfasz
    replied

Mascarpone-chocolate-strawberries sounds yummy - going to have to try that one.

Sounds a bit like this one on Slice today with a bit less of a desert twist - My Pie Monday: Jules's Ham, Mascarpone, and Arugula Pizza | Slice Pizza Blog

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

Your oven is going to look great once the plants settle and establish themselves. The oven will mold itself into the surrounding landscape and be part of it.

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Thanks. I filled the planters will dirt and put most of the plants in it yesterday, but it needs a few more plants, so I'm holding off on photos. Maybe this evening.

Thanks for the compliments.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

Congratulations Keith! 8.5 months is very impressive in my book for a totally finished oven of your type.

I've thoroughly enjoyed your thread and oven build. You've got a very unique and beautiful oven. It certainly was worth all your planning and you should be quite proud. I think that every professional or 'real' contractor who sees your oven knows the kind of work you put in to it and would be impressed. Especially since you (like many of us) have never done this before.

Your desert pizza looks great too. Cheers, Dino

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Made my first dessert pizza tonight: tiramisu-mascarpone (from the Seattle cheese festival last weekend), chocolate, strawberries. Fantastic.

Also made a pepperoni/kalamata that worked really well.

Got the oven really really hot this time. The floor was consistently in the 800s while I was cooking. The dinner pizza was the fastest pizza I've ever cooked. I didn't time it, but it was probably around a minute.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• tfasz
    replied

Great work Keith - certainly a project to be proud of.

Let us know when the party is ... we are in. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Thanks everyone...and yes Tscarborough, I do cook in it. We're cooking in it tonight actually. I have been a little slow about cooking in it while I spent so much time on the construction, but I hope to use it every weekend from now on, give or take.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• meco211
    replied

Nice looking oven!!!

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

Way cool!

This is very unique and I can't wait to see some live plants on it. Great job on the stuccoing too.

George

Leave a comment:

• eprante
    replied

Keith,
    Great job with the oven!! I have to admit I had some trouble seeing what the final vision was during the construction, but you did a beautiful job tying it all together. Now to invite some people over and cook!!!! That is why we do this thing- to share with friends.
    Eric

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

There is something wrong with that oven...It doesn't have a fire in it.

Looks great, get those herbs planted.

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

Hey Keb,,
    Really looks good... gonna look great with the plants on it...
    Good luck and congrats
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Continuation of previous post.

Some of these photos show the detail of the weep-hole drains and runoffs. They started as trapezoidal brick pieces (see photos in earlier posts). I then added thin walls to the trapezoids during stuccoing. Some of my weep-holes would miss the level below so I ran a short trough for the water to follow to the next level. They'll probably gunk up with soil and not work, oh well.

Leave a comment:

• kebwi
    replied

Here are some shots of the finished oven, 8.5 months from project inception (8 months from first ground broken). Some significant work remains, namely: planting plants in the three terraces of planters on top of the oven, surfacing the concrete counter with granite, covering the block stand with ledgestone, and covering the concrete foundation with flagstone. In addition, I will have to install doors on both of the exposed sides of the stand to keep the rain out.

Photos continued in next post.
    Last edited by kebwi; 05-15-2010, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X