X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Thanks for the info Mike! We really appreciate everyone's patience!

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied
    Hey Mitch, in regards to the "working, working..." problem when you edit posts, I just tried the old F5, refresh screen and the spinning, working wheel cleared. After an edit, I have been just going up to my most recent posts, choosing the one I'd just edited and when I looped back, the "working spinner" would clear...but for those folks working with a Windows machine, the F5 trick might be a bit quicker. Just a thought if the September update doesn't fix the issue it might give us a cleaner option.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Glad you found a solution, JR! I'll keep it on the list -

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Testing uploading a .png file - yep it works. I'll try not to bring this up again since I have a workaround but let me know if the Vbulletin folks figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Mitch, someone from the FreeCad forum made the post below to test what was going on - he also joined cause he said he loves pizza. Let your folks know that .png files will work, but others not so much.
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...pload-to-forum

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Awesome, thanks! The filter was on and I didn't know it. Going way back on SNL with Gilda Radner, "Nevermind"

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
    No, I'll give that a try. Speaking of album, when I go to mine, it says I have 170 posted photos, but when I click on that link, it says I have only 28 photos, none older than 3-26-16. What's up with that?
    Haha - "What's up with that?" reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit...

In your Album, in the top right corner is a filter button. It defaults to "Last Month" but if you choose "All Time" you'll see them all.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    I also tried uploading directly to the album and got the same "corrupted" message

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    No, I'll give that a try. Speaking of album, when I go to mine, it says I have 170 posted photos, but when I click on that link, it says I have only 28 photos, none older than 3-26-16. What's up with that?

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    It could have to do with the upgrade as explained above. vBulletin can't respond until we upgrade because the upgrade is supposed to fix several bugs. Have you tried putting the image in your Album and then grabbing it from there for posts?

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Mitch did you ask them why my CAD program sketch captures won't post? The forum says they are corrupted, but if they were, I could not open them in other programs (windows photo viewer, MS paint, Lenovo photo viewer, etc). I have a workaround where I do an alt+prtsc and paste the image into paint, do a little cropping and save it. That works, but not as convenient as what was working before.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Hi Mike,

I have contacted vBulletin about some of these issues and they suggest we upgrade to the latest version to see if that corrects some of the issues. Because we did some work-arounds to restore some functionality issues, we need to make sure the upgrade won't affect the current functionality. I've noticed the "like" issue as well and will add that to my list -

No problem with finding things to fix - we want to make the Forum a good experience!

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied
    Howdy Mitch, thanks for all the work you & the team have done to get the forum back up to speed. The new server made a huge improvement for my connection & response speed.

I was curious if there had been any progress in the edit & save issue (posts 168-173 here).

Another minor issue is the Likes count. I noticed today that there are very few threads with more than 1 like reported, yet many have multiple likes. For instance in this thread there are 14 likes on the first page alone, yet only 1 is reported by the summary stat. I also do miss the old style of likes that showed the names of those (last three only) who liked the post. Any chance of restoring that function? ...and on the Newbie Thread (hidden treasures) I notice there are only four likes (one of the very few multiple likes reported) but on the first post there are only 4 dislikes shown...seems there's an issue here -- that just can't be correct.

I feel bad that we are always finding something for you to fix on the "new" forum. FYI, I'm feeling pretty comfortable & happy with the current system...thanks again to you and the folks who work so hard to keep all of us happy with the forum. I really appreciate everyone's efforts here to make (and keep) this such a valuable resource to our community.

Leave a comment:

• texmex
    replied
    Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post

Texmex, try the Google search bar at the very top of the page as JR indicated. It's a more robust search tool; I got 370 responses to the word "cob".

Mitch
    I had not even noticed that search bar up there! Thanks, Mitch! It's been so long since I signed up here, I am having to learn slowly where everything is.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by texmex View Post
    Forum search is woefully inadequate. I plugged in the word "cob" and get the response that too many posts may appear, so I add the negative -brick so that I might force the search to show me cob builds without bricks, yet all the advanced search gives me is brick builds with brick actually in the title. I'd rather be given too many thousands of responses to my simple query of cob than none at all. It spits out completely the opposite of what I searched for by trying to omit the brick from search and getting results as though brick was my true search request. It's maddening.

Texmex, try the Google search bar at the very top of the page as JR indicated. It's a more robust search tool; I got 370 responses to the word "cob".

Mitch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X