• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    Dave,

Go to your User Settings/Account page. Scroll down to Conversation Details. Make sure that the Show Signatures and Show Avatar boxes are checked. I had someone pm me last week wanting the link to my picasa web album. That link is in my signature. It turned out that those boxes weren't checked in their user settings. They could not see anyone's signature until they checked those boxes and saved the changes.

I hope this helps
    Done and working thanks
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I would not worry about trying to add obscure file extensions to your list. Now that I know .zip files will work I'll just zip any odd extensions before I upload them.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
    Mitch, I'm having a problem that is probably not just limited to the new forum. What file types/extensions can be uploaded? I'm trying to share a cad file and I receive an invalid file type pop-up when I try to upload. I thought I saw a list somewhere of permitted file types but can't find one now.
    JR,

Currently we are set up for extensions: bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, and zip. Let me know the extension you need for a cad file and I'll see if we can add it.

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• Mullins
    replied
    Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
    Forum Community,

Thank you for your feedback on posting speed. We addressed the issue earlier today and you should be seeing a marked improvement although we are still investigating the opportunity for further improvement. Thank you for your patience and participation!

Mitch
    If it helps any I noticed that it appears to be quicker to reply if I hit preview, and then post reply, instead of going straight to post reply. Preview is nearly instant, which makes me wonder if there is a <large> script when we hit the post reply button on it's own?

Leave a comment:

• Mullins
    replied
    Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    Dave,

Go to your User Settings/Account page. Scroll down to Conversation Details. Make sure that the Show Signatures and Show Avatar boxes are checked. I had someone pm me last week wanting the link to my picasa web album. That link is in my signature. It turned out that those boxes weren't checked in their user settings. They could not see anyone's signature until they checked those boxes and saved the changes.

I hope this helps
    Good to know! Thanks Gulf!

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Dave,

I hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Forum Community,

Thank you for your feedback on posting speed. We addressed the issue earlier today and you should be seeing a marked improvement although we are still investigating the opportunity for further improvement. Thank you for your patience and participation!

Mitch
    Mitch
    You got an answer from Davids but it was missing the important bit.
    Kindled with zeal fired with passion.
    That's at the bottom of his posts.
    He has been a member since 2007.
    As soon as you sign in as a member this disappears.
    What do you want?
    A forum ?
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Thanks, Mitch. Happy New Year to you and hopefully a smoother running forum with the bugs ironed out.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Forum Community,

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    Yep this is he pits.
    Who goes on holidays and turns the " forum protection" on high.
    As long as the bots are protected against.
    I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Trying to read the next page of a post and watching that little yellow brick with the words "WORKING".
    For 8 1/2 mins. Is this for real?
    Im sitting here thinking why bother? Hit the cancel button.
    Davids Colin Joe you guys have gone on
    Can't help but get mad. All you've worked for. It doesn't go foward.
    Sorry but it sad really
    Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    I got used to hunting for "work-a-rounds" a few months ago. What I am doing now, for the sake of time, is doing one of two things. To check to see if a reply has made it, (on the desk top) I will open another window and check for new posts. Or, I will resort to the iPhone to check for new posts. If the reply is there, I just X out of the page from which I sent the reply. Most of the time, the reply is there long before the sent message is acknlowledged. That saves lots of time and prevents me from making double posts.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    For those of us still building our ovens and in need of help from all the veterans, a slow buggy forum is better than no forum. I know the performance issues and the lost continuity especially bothers the "old timers", but please don't bail out on us - you are an invaluable resource! Hopefully Mitch and the FB team will figure out how to make the forum hum and restore some of the lost functionality.

Edit, for those keeping statistics, I hit send and the message timed out after EIGHT minutes.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    The forum is now so slow it's a wonder anyone wants to use it. I know lots of people take holidays around Christmas and New Year, but if this issue is not fixed you'll kill the forum.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Mitch, I'm having a problem that is probably not just limited to the new forum. What file types/extensions can be uploaded? I'm trying to share a cad file and I receive an invalid file type pop-up when I try to upload. I thought I saw a list somewhere of permitted file types but can't find one now.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied

All: In regards to thumbnails: there are two ways to upload an image - the camera icon in the left corner (Share photo) or the attachment icon on the right (upload attachments). The camera icon should always be used for photos which will produce a thumbnail. When you upload a photo as an attachment, unless you indicate you want a thumbnail, it will attach the file and just show the file name. As to older posts not showing thumbnails, when they found a work around to migrate the photoplog images, the files migrated as attachment files so that's why older posts don't show thumbnails.

Mitch
    thanks mitch for the response. But you still miss my point, but I get the first part of your response. but you state - for older thumbnails pre update- that they migrated files as attachment file names. My question all along in this thread is WHEN WILL THIS BE RECTIFIED and a fix be implemented that restores the previous thumbnails.

It is the history of this website that has been lost, its fluidity, the ease of following a build, that being able to see the thumbnails while reading the text allows a newbie and oldie for that matter understand the build process and explanations. Now you have to switch between the viewing the photo and reading the text. Can't you guys clearly see this as a problem and get the problem rectified.

I am an IT consultant and it is not the difficult to fix.

It seems to me this will not happen I believe it is essential and it would be great for others on this forum make the same complaint so that it is rectified AS A PRIORITY. You have the links to files so run a script to load the actual thumbnails for each of those files with missing thumbnails.

ALL : - Come on lets petition for this to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X