X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E
    Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
    Thanks to Gulf - he solved my problem. I didn't have "remember me" checked on my browser when I logged into the forum. I didn't need to enter my password so I thought I was "remembered", but apparently was not.
    The forum "remembers me" on my desktop, but not on my iPad or iPhone. This glitch is on their to do list. I hope..
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• K
      Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
      Gday
      Sorry JR to jump in over your Question.
      I've not been posting much lately on all the forums due to my own personal reasons. Alls good, life, like this spell checker sometimes gets in the way.
      I've given an answer to a post. Nothing much has changed has it.
      It took a human verification required notice to copy paste and save what I've written!
      Log off log on, find post again, paste. All of this to post a reply. Really?
      It's not an I-phone thing and yes I've tried on a I-phone 6 and the bugs are still there no button to make a new thread. As soon as you log in you lose the ability to pinch and zoom.
      I'm not a complaining Aussie! Please. I've been on this forum for number of years now. I'm not an angel but I like to help where I can. But what's going on? It's definitly coming up winter. Course it is in the Northern hemisphere. But the forums dead. Even the Aussie section is conspicuous in its absence. It's coming up summer of course it should be full of questions.
      Ex communicate me, burn my build at the steak ( yum steak, burn, rehearse seare, Tuscan grill ) but please. Please. Please make this operate as a forum again.
      Regards dave
      Gee Dave, it's all gone to helll in a hand basket. It's almost like someone wanted to kill the forum. They've done a bloody good job whether it was intentional or not.

Just wanted to log on one more time to thank you for your help. I may check in to see what's happening in a few weeks time...just in case. But I hold no hope. Thanks again...

Comment

• Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
        I've been getting kicked off the site and back to the human verification page and forced to log in again. This is happening after around 30 minutes of inactivity. Is the forum going to require more frequent log-ins, or is this something temporary?
        JR,

We have increased the timeout to the maximum 99 hours. Please let me know if the issue persists so that we can investigate it further.

Mitch
        Forno Bravo

Comment

• Thanks Mitch. I think my short term problems were solved with Gulf's help (see post 105) but everyone can benefit from the new extended time.
          My build thread
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Is this the place to post about broken links?

This one is a sticky and relates to the Library and resources on the main site. Comes up in google search also
            http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...cument-library

Thanks,

Eoin

Comment

• Haha,

Appears to be a temporary issue I just picked up on this bread also. I was browsing this thread on page 8 (not logged in). I logged in and it took me to page 1 of the thread (fair enough, no major complaints with that, but it could probably be tweaked that I could log in on the page I am browsing?). I posted a reply (on page 1), and my post appears as a new post #16, on page 1, instead of post #110... It all clears and refreshes correctly when you reload the page.

Screen shot attached of the original

Comment

• Hi Mullins,

I corrected the link to the library in that particular post, thanks for identifying it. I tested the other issue with posting on the first page of the topic - strange glitch - I'll put it on the punchlist.

Mitch
                Forno Bravo

Comment

• Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
                  Hi Mullins,

I corrected the link to the library in that particular post, thanks for identifying it. I tested the other issue with posting on the first page of the topic - strange glitch - I'll put it on the punchlist.

Mitch
                  Thanks Mitch, appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
                    Do we have an eta on when thumbnails might be restored. All the builds that are important through out this sites history, MUST have the thumbnails restored. A previous question posted on this thread about flue galleries was covered in my build, but is lost without those thumbnails being able to be viewed whilereading the post.

please make this a priority.

All: In regards to thumbnails: there are two ways to upload an image - the camera icon in the left corner (Share photo) or the attachment icon on the right (upload attachments). The camera icon should always be used for photos which will produce a thumbnail. When you upload a photo as an attachment, unless you indicate you want a thumbnail, it will attach the file and just show the file name. As to older posts not showing thumbnails, when they found a work around to migrate the photoplog images, the files migrated as attachment files so that's why older posts don't show thumbnails.

Mitch
                    Forno Bravo

Comment

Forum Members:

We believe the slow response issue stems from the analytics we added with the new Forum. We are in the process of reconfiguring those elements and, after an approximate 24-hour time period for the reconfiguration to run, we anticipate a return to normal page load times. Thank you for your patience!

Mitch
                      I've been noticing real slow-downs in posts and edits again. Today a post and an edit both took over 45 seconds to connect. I'm using Firefox and checking the "keep me logged-in" box. Initial forum interface loads nicely, but when I click on my messages the browser tab starts spinning with the text "connecting..." and at the window bottom line it reads "waiting for www.fornobravo.com. Same sequence for posts and edits.

It appeared to improve last month when your team was fine tuning the analytics, but seems to have gone back to the previous bogged down time. Just an FYI since I'm retired...

edit: This post took 60 seconds to process and insert into the thread.
                      Last edited by SableSprings; 12-29-2015, 01:36 PM.
                      Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                      Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                      Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                      Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mitch,

Just as Mike is saying, it has gotten much slower during the Holidays. I am pretty sure that the bogging down is what has lead to the rash of double posts. I have noticed that it takes about 60 seconds or longer to insert a post from the Preview window. When inserting from the "quick reply" screen it can take for what seems like forever.
                        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up! I have notified our web agency to investigate the slow posting times.

Mitch
                          Forno Bravo

Comment

All: In regards to thumbnails: there are two ways to upload an image - the camera icon in the left corner (Share photo) or the attachment icon on the right (upload attachments). The camera icon should always be used for photos which will produce a thumbnail. When you upload a photo as an attachment, unless you indicate you want a thumbnail, it will attach the file and just show the file name. As to older posts not showing thumbnails, when they found a work around to migrate the photoplog images, the files migrated as attachment files so that's why older posts don't show thumbnails.

Mitch
                            thanks mitch for the response. But you still miss my point, but I get the first part of your response. but you state - for older thumbnails pre update- that they migrated files as attachment file names. My question all along in this thread is WHEN WILL THIS BE RECTIFIED and a fix be implemented that restores the previous thumbnails.

It is the history of this website that has been lost, its fluidity, the ease of following a build, that being able to see the thumbnails while reading the text allows a newbie and oldie for that matter understand the build process and explanations. Now you have to switch between the viewing the photo and reading the text. Can't you guys clearly see this as a problem and get the problem rectified.

I am an IT consultant and it is not the difficult to fix.

It seems to me this will not happen I believe it is essential and it would be great for others on this forum make the same complaint so that it is rectified AS A PRIORITY. You have the links to files so run a script to load the actual thumbnails for each of those files with missing thumbnails.

ALL : - Come on lets petition for this to be fixed.

Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

• Mitch, I'm having a problem that is probably not just limited to the new forum. What file types/extensions can be uploaded? I'm trying to share a cad file and I receive an invalid file type pop-up when I try to upload. I thought I saw a list somewhere of permitted file types but can't find one now.
                              My build thread
                              https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• The forum is now so slow it's a wonder anyone wants to use it. I know lots of people take holidays around Christmas and New Year, but if this issue is not fixed you'll kill the forum.
                                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X