Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of us still building our ovens and in need of help from all the veterans, a slow buggy forum is better than no forum. I know the performance issues and the lost continuity especially bothers the "old timers", but please don't bail out on us - you are an invaluable resource! Hopefully Mitch and the FB team will figure out how to make the forum hum and restore some of the lost functionality.

Edit, for those keeping statistics, I hit send and the message timed out after EIGHT minutes.
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• I got used to hunting for "work-a-rounds" a few months ago. What I am doing now, for the sake of time, is doing one of two things. To check to see if a reply has made it, (on the desk top) I will open another window and check for new posts. Or, I will resort to the iPhone to check for new posts. If the reply is there, I just X out of the page from which I sent the reply. Most of the time, the reply is there long before the sent message is acknlowledged. That saves lots of time and prevents me from making double posts.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• G'day
        Yep this is he pits.
        Who goes on holidays and turns the " forum protection" on high.
        As long as the bots are protected against.
        I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Trying to read the next page of a post and watching that little yellow brick with the words "WORKING".
        For 8 1/2 mins. Is this for real?
        Im sitting here thinking why bother? Hit the cancel button.
        Davids Colin Joe you guys have gone on
        Can't help but get mad. All you've worked for. It doesn't go foward.
        Sorry but it sad really
        Regards Dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

• Forum Community,

Thank you for your feedback on posting speed. We addressed the issue earlier today and you should be seeing a marked improvement although we are still investigating the opportunity for further improvement. Thank you for your patience and participation!

Mitch
          Forno Bravo

Comment

• Thanks, Mitch. Happy New Year to you and hopefully a smoother running forum with the bugs ironed out.
            Dave
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
              Forum Community,

Thank you for your feedback on posting speed. We addressed the issue earlier today and you should be seeing a marked improvement although we are still investigating the opportunity for further improvement. Thank you for your patience and participation!

Mitch
              Mitch
              You got an answer from Davids but it was missing the important bit.
              Kindled with zeal fired with passion.
              That's at the bottom of his posts.
              He has been a member since 2007.
              As soon as you sign in as a member this disappears.
              What do you want?
              A forum ?
              Regards dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once

My Build
              My Door

Comment

• Dave,

Go to your User Settings/Account page. Scroll down to Conversation Details. Make sure that the Show Signatures and Show Avatar boxes are checked. I had someone pm me last week wanting the link to my picasa web album. That link is in my signature. It turned out that those boxes weren't checked in their user settings. They could not see anyone's signature until they checked those boxes and saved the changes.

I hope this helps
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                  Dave,

Go to your User Settings/Account page. Scroll down to Conversation Details. Make sure that the Show Signatures and Show Avatar boxes are checked. I had someone pm me last week wanting the link to my picasa web album. That link is in my signature. It turned out that those boxes weren't checked in their user settings. They could not see anyone's signature until they checked those boxes and saved the changes.

I hope this helps
                  Good to know! Thanks Gulf!

Comment

• Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
                    Forum Community,

Mitch
                    If it helps any I noticed that it appears to be quicker to reply if I hit preview, and then post reply, instead of going straight to post reply. Preview is nearly instant, which makes me wonder if there is a <large> script when we hit the post reply button on it's own?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
                      Mitch, I'm having a problem that is probably not just limited to the new forum. What file types/extensions can be uploaded? I'm trying to share a cad file and I receive an invalid file type pop-up when I try to upload. I thought I saw a list somewhere of permitted file types but can't find one now.
                      JR,

Currently we are set up for extensions: bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, and zip. Let me know the extension you need for a cad file and I'll see if we can add it.

Mitch
                      Forno Bravo

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I would not worry about trying to add obscure file extensions to your list. Now that I know .zip files will work I'll just zip any odd extensions before I upload them.
                        My build thread
                        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                          Dave,

I hope this helps
                          Done and working thanks
                          Regards dave
                          Measure twice
                          Cut once

My Build
                          My Door

Comment

• Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post

thanks mitch for the response. But you still miss my point, but I get the first part of your response. but you state - for older thumbnails pre update- that they migrated files as attachment file names. My question all along in this thread is WHEN WILL THIS BE RECTIFIED and a fix be implemented that restores the previous thumbnails.

It is the history of this website that has been lost, its fluidity, the ease of following a build, that being able to see the thumbnails while reading the text allows a newbie and oldie for that matter understand the build process and explanations. Now you have to switch between the viewing the photo and reading the text. Can't you guys clearly see this as a problem and get the problem rectified.

I am an IT consultant and it is not the difficult to fix.

It seems to me this will not happen I believe it is essential and it would be great for others on this forum make the same complaint so that it is rectified AS A PRIORITY. You have the links to files so run a script to load the actual thumbnails for each of those files with missing thumbnails.

ALL : - Come on lets petition for this to be fixed.
                            Colin and All:

I want to assure you that we continue to grapple with the issue with the thumbnails. The information from our agency shows that it isn't as black and white as one may think because the database structure in the updates has changed so it appears that all old attachments are being placed into the attachment table regardless of their file extension. We want to migrate the correct data from the attachment table to the photo table but also need to make sure there are no effects in any other areas of the Forum such as the albums and user photos. We appreciate your patience and encourage constructive feedback as we continue to respond to your concerns.

Thank you,

Mitch
                            Forno Bravo

Comment

• For those looking for viewing historical build threads you may have some luck with the Internet Archive. There are old snapshots of the Forno Bravo website including the forums. Sometimes the pages are present and sometimes they are not. If the page is present then the thumbnails will be present also.

http://web.archive.org/web/201506210...avo.com/forum/
                              Pizza Oven User Group, community of pizza oven, brick oven and authentic Italian pizza lovers

Comment

• Bpal,

Welcome to the forum. That archive is a cool link. It has been offered before on the forum. I have used it myself. The first link to it, by JoeyVelderrain, went a little further back in time. I was able to get a recipe for "apple galette" that has long since been deleted by the very impressive lady who had origionally posted it.

I truly believe that the thumbnails for the historical threads will be restored very soon. I understand that they are running some tests this weekend to make sure that the conversion of those threads does not cause any ill effects to the forum. We definately don't won't another...............
                                Last edited by Gulf; 01-08-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X