This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch,

I also jumped the gun a little on the updated Search Forum feature. It is bringing up hits on PMs but, only the user's. It's not search searching other user's PMs. It now seems to be a very powerful search engine for the site.

And, I now see a Latest Posts feature close to the bottom of the page. For all that are using the Default VB5 skin, it will not be visible. I know that several, including myself, were using the default view. I just wanted to get the word out to those that want to have access to it. I like the Advanced Search link that I described better, but it will do

Latest Posts vrs. New Posts

Thanks
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

After having more time to compare the two, The Latest Post feature at the bottom of the page is not all that great. It seems to include new posts, the topic starter, the forums, the sub-forums etc. Sorting through all of that is confusing and not a quick way to catch up on the forum's new content.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
        Hello Forum Members,

As the team continues to work on the improvements, we have some updates to share:

The images in Albums have all been restored
        The gallery functionality In albums and posts that contain multiple images is now working so that the images now stack

More to come! Thank you for your patience -

Mitch
        Mitch, on some old posts I see reference to different galleries for different parts of builds. I am specifically interested in the vent/flue gallery. If there ever was such a thing, has it been restored and can you tell me how to find it?
        My build thread
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Can you send me a link to the post you're referring to so I can research it?

Mitch
          Forno Bravo

Comment

Wasn't sure if I could find it again - see post #2.
            http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...d-vent-opening
            My build thread

Comment

Hello Forum Members,

We've made significant progress in the punch list! I am very happy to report resolution to the following items:

Search: the search feature is still indexing in the background and should be complete in the next two days. You'll see significant improvement in the forum search feature and that will continue to improve until the indexing is complete
              New Posts: The New Posts button has been restored in the top navigation bar (I would use this vs. the Latest Posts at the bottom of the home page - I need to look into that)
              New Topics: The New Topics button has been re-directed to display the correct information
              Location: This feature has been restored in the users posting box. Reminder: this information is fed from your user profile so you control what is showing as your location
              Font size: all fonts have been standardized to one size for readability. The username font color has been darkened but needs to remain a different color to indicate a linking object
              Rename/Delete existing folders: this functionality has been restored
              iPhone: you will see improvements in iPhone functionality; there are some things that vBulletin needs to fix/upgrade and we are talking with them on the upgrade timing

​We will continue to work on the list and please continue to contact us if you discover functionality errors or opportunities for improvement.

Mitch
              Forno Bravo

Comment

Mitch,

I would like to thank you and your team for all your work on, and the commitment to the forum that ya'll have shown. Ya'll's hard work to improving the forum has already, made it a lot more user friendly . The New Post button (at the top) is a great new feature regardless of the Latest Post feature (at the bottom) being improved. The contrast for the red on gray is better. You mentioned that "all font sizes have been standardized to one font size for readability". However, in my view, the user name is a 10.5 size font and the rest of the user information is a 13 size font. The user name (in red) would benefit the most if it was a 13 size font also imo. The red on gray is the most difficult to see for my old pair of eyes .

Thank ya'll for continuing to work on the punch list.
                Last edited by Gulf; 10-08-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                  Mitch,

I would like to thank you and your team for all your work on, and the commitment to the forum that ya'll have shown. Ya'll's hard work to improving the forum has already, made it a lot more user friendly . The New Post button (at the top) is a great new feature regardless of the Latest Post feature (at the bottom) being improved. The contrast for the red on gray is better. You mentioned that "all font sizes have been standardized to one font size for readability". However, in my view, the user name is a 10.5 size font and the rest of the user information is a 13 size font. The user name (in red) would benefit the most if it was a 13 size font also imo. The red on gray is the most difficult to see for my old pair of eyes .

Thank ya'll for continuing to work on the punch list.

Thanks for the kind words, Gulf! It's much appreciated.

And thanks for mentioning the font size issue you are having.

Comment

When opening a topic now, the dates of individual posts have disappeared. This makes it even harder to find recent posts.
                    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I see the new posts function is working now. That makes things much easier.
                      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
                        Can you send me a link to the post you're referring to so I can research it?

Mitch
                        Mitch, I ran across another reference with a broken link. If dmun is still around maybe he as an idea? See post #2.
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...-design-detail
                        My build thread

Comment

Hello Mitch

I notice that when I am not logged in it shows the posters location but as soon as I log in that line disappears from the header.

I am also getting a box that comes saying something about Invalid Server Response or Missing Human Verification information.

Even though I am logged in it shows Guest response. Then I have to log out and re log in to make the post.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                            After having more time to compare the two, The Latest Post feature at the bottom of the page is not all that great. It seems to include new posts, the topic starter, the forums, the sub-forums etc. Sorting through all of that is confusing and not a quick way to catch up on the forum's new content.
                            Joe, we have moved the elements that were at the bottom of the page to the upper right side for better interface: Newest Posts, Newest Topics, What's Going On and Statistics.

Mitch
                            Forno Bravo

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                              When opening a topic now, the dates of individual posts have disappeared. This makes it even harder to find recent posts.
                              Hi David, I tested this out by opening several topics and I see the date and time stamp at the top of every posting. You will locate the latest postings at the end of a thread. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mitch
                              Forno Bravo

Comment

Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
                                Hello Mitch

I notice that when I am not logged in it shows the posters location but as soon as I log in that line disappears from the header.

I am also getting a box that comes saying something about Invalid Server Response or Missing Human Verification information.

Even though I am logged in it shows Guest response. Then I have to log out and re log in to make the post.

David
                                Hi David, I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. I have tested the location issue and can see the location both logged out and logged in. I will look into this and see if it may be user settings. Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues?
                                Mitch
                                Forno Bravo

Comment

Working...
                                X