This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post
    Joe, we have moved the elements that were at the bottom of the page to the upper right side for better interface: Newest Posts, Newest Topics, What's Going On and Statistics.

Mitch
    Thanks Mitch,
    That is a better location for those. But, please keep the "New Posts" button that you have in the top left hand corner. The filters on it seem to be far more accurate than the "Newest Post" feature. And, the New Posts button appears on every page of the forum .
    Last edited by Gulf; 10-12-2015, 10:17 AM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Mitch,
      The New Post button in the top left hand corner seems to be bringing up new topics only. I was sure that it was working pretty well yesterday .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hi Joe, the New Post button in the upper left is working for me; the New Post area on the right column in gray is showing new topics. I'll look into it.

Mitch
        Forno Bravo

Comment

Mitch,
          I just clicked on the "New Post" button in the top left hand corner. The latest entry that I see is a "New Topic" started by Dave T: Check out my cracks, @ 10.44 am my time. There have been 5 or 6 posts since then.
          Last edited by Gulf; 10-13-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Joe,

yes, I see that now - our posts should be there! I'll get on it -

Mitch
            Forno Bravo

Comment

Dear Forum Members,

If you had a link to your photo album in your signature, the link will need to be updated with the new location. Follow these instructions:

Users can find the album URL by going to their user profile, clicking activities and using the filter on the right to select All Time under "Time" and Photos Only under "Show". This should filter the albums they've created. They can then click 'the topic', which is the album title. This will take them to their album page.

Mitch

Forno Bravo

Comment

Dear Forum Members,

The New Post functionality has been restored both in the upper left button and on the right side column.

Mitch
                Forno Bravo

Comment

Thanks to you and Gulf (and both teams ) for finding, addressing, & resolving these issues. I was especially glad to see the photos finally restored and then have the link-to-album URL information posted above. It was also good to get a link to the vBulletin 5 help pages where a lot of my questions have been answered...the forum's starting to feel pretty comfortable again - Thank you!
                  Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                  Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                  Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                  Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post

Mitch, on some old posts I see reference to different galleries for different parts of builds. I am specifically interested in the vent/flue gallery. If there ever was such a thing, has it been restored and can you tell me how to find it?
                    JRPizza and All Forum Members,

Unfortunately, this issue cannot be resolved. With the way the new album system is set up, each user has their own album. Unfortunately this means that all the photos that were posted in the Vent & Chimney Gallery have been dispersed amongst all the users who posted in it. I will find out if there is a way to create a gallery in which any forum member can upload a photo that pertains to the topic.

Mitch
                    Forno Bravo

Comment

Forum Members,

In regards to the ability to create a gallery in which any forum member can upload a photo that pertains to that topic, I have received this information:

Unfortunately, the new album functionality doesn't allow for this as it is a per user basis. The only way we think this would work would be to create a topic called Vent and Chimney and then users can create posts in the topic with photos.

Mitch

Forno Bravo

Comment

Bummer. Build area specific galleries are a nice feature. The user community lost some valuable collective history when they disappeared.
                        There are a few stickies for various parts of builds under the Design Styles section. It might be a good idea to create stickies for parts of the build that are not covered. We could do our build threads and if so inclined could also post some detailed pictures to the stickies, especially if we saw the type of thing we did had not been covered.
                        You should also maybe delete the stickie Post Photos by Category in Photo Gallery., since that feature no longer exists or works.
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...-photo-gallery

My build thread
                        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

I concur withevery other member that has commented about thisnew forum software. My main beef is the thumb nails
                          Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

I agree with every othermembers comments. My main beef ismy thumb nails no longer exists
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Do we have an eta on when thumbnails might be restored. All the builds that are important through out this sites history, MUST have the thumbnails restored. A previous question posted on this thread about flue galleries was covered in my build, but is lost without those thumbnails being able to be viewed whilereading the post.

please make this a priority.
                              Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

Thank you for posting your concern. I have added the restoration of thumbnails to the punch list. I will provide an update to the forum when I receive information on this issue.

Mitch
                                Forno Bravo

Comment

Working...
                                X