No announcement yet.

Napolitian style 106cm build inside a hobbit house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass??? I used ceramic fibre rope; just jammed it into the gap.

Comment

With such a huge oven your flue gallery is going to be a small percentage of the mass of the dome and floor so you may be better to place the thermal break/expansion joint between theflue gallery and outer decorative arch anyway. In that position it won't see such high temperature as well. I use a 6:1 vermicrete for the gap, but others use ceramic insulating blanket or just unfilled (air). The gap at floor level will fill with ash which is not a bad insulator. If using blanket be sure to use the type that is exonerated as a carcinogen.

i hope you have a large forest nearby to fuel your oven, you'll need it.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Comment

Extremely well done brick work. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I check back on this thread every month or so to see if there are any new progress photos... *cough, cough* how's it coming along?

Comment

I wish people wouldn't post threads like this.
              Makes me feel inadequate and even less talented than I previously thought I was..

Comment

I'm sorry. What do you do for a day job? This is way too beautiful.
                Last edited by ubcpsyc; 06-07-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

crisp ,

I saw a recent update of your build on a Facebook group page. Awesome! I'm sure many on this forum would love to see your final touches. How about posting some of those pics and videos here for those of us that don't do Facebook?
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                    crisp ,

I saw a recent update of your build on a Facebook group page. Awesome! I'm sure many on this forum would love to see your final touches. How about posting some of those pics and videos here for those of us that don't do Facebook?
                    Would love to see his immaculate work. What's his FB address?

Comment

Working...
                    X