Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to build your oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you to build your oven?

I am curious about the time it takes people from start to finish. My brother and I built our first one in 8 days. Two tow build the base, three to build the dome, two to insulate and stucco, and one to tile the base. There was also a day after that we used to clean up the area, install the soapstone cooking surface, and build the aluminum door.
    How long does it take everyone else? I don't know if I can post pics on here, but I have them on face book. Thanks oven builders.

Re: How long did it take you to build your oven?

Exactly 12 months.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Wow, that was fast...Posting pictures is fairly easy-- just press the manage attachments button under the text box when you post. I would love to see what you have done..as would others I am sure. I am into my third summer finishing it up.

Peter
      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

I am on face book at Trimwerks. If you search for that you can see most of my pics. I am on a mobile and can't post here. I will try tonight. Let me know what you think if anyone looks up Trimwerks on face book. Thanks guys.

Comment

My first one took me 3 days, the second one a couple of months.
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

If you count all of the research, building tools, excavating, finding materials, purchasing tools equipment and the like I am over a year now and just poured my foundation yesterday. I figure it will take me another two months to complete. Here is hoping that is a good estimate.

Chip
            Chip

Comment

It took me 8 months to finish the oven, 4 more to do the prep area with sink, and tile. But it was the first time I had done any of this so I was slow. I only worked on weekends and took about a month break from the oven over the holidays.

Comment

Almost 2 years, so far, but I built the oven itself in a couple of days. The rest is fenestration.

Comment

Steven,

Were you and your bro moving so fast that you completed the dome and enclosure you forgot to install the soapstone floor? Can't get into Trimwerkson Facebook. Would love to see your build pics here.

Comment

Lol. No. We put the soapstone in afterwards. We make a template, have it cut and then install it.

Comment

I made it so anyone could get to my Trimwerks page now and added more pics.

Comment

From the day I took down the fence to the day I laid keystone about 1 1/2 months. Been cooking in it since about 2 weeks after that. It's been more than a year since the keystone and I'm still not done with the trim work. Regular life gets in the way but I am still makeing pizza weekly.
                        WCD

My slow journey to pizza.
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ing-12769.html

Comment

Two pictures of the first one

Comment

Finished Pictures.

Comment

I saw it on FB Trimwerks. Nice job, I think your faster than most people Steve. You obviously are a pro. Everyone should not expect to do their oven in 8 days...start to finish. Hell, I built mine almost a year ago and I still don't have the finish coat done. I think there is a tendency for the priority to go to cooking pizza rather than finishing the oven.

I did get the additional perlite I needed to finish it off recently. So I will finish it soon. I am using it in my restaurant and am getting tired of looking at the concrete.
                              Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Working...
                              X